F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 20 of 117 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive been reading about people.changing there plugs because they are gapped all over the place. Has anyone here done it and what was the results?

Sent from my LG-E980 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
I have a 2012 EB and swapped out all my plugs to the newer PN for the 2013+ trucks and gapped them all at .30. My gaps were from .36-.48. The motor runs better at a gap of .28-.30 and if you plan to tune re-gapping is a must. Can't remember the newer PN for the factory plugs, hopefuly someone will chime in

·
Registered
7,395 Posts
Sp534 or long part number CYFS12YT3 gap at .30 as mentioned

Family First

Reactions: Tremor

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have a '13 but getting horrible gas milage. Will.regapping help and should I just get the ford plugs and regap or go with another brand.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7,395 Posts
I would go with the ford ones. How many miles do you have? I'm assuming very few. You might be better off just pulling the plugs and regapping them if they are the updated plug, which you can tell by the part number

The boost will set you free

Reactions: 2Canches

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
For some reason ford didn't care what the plugs were gapped at before leaving the factory, most OEM plugs were gapped all over the place

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
I have a 2013 and all my 534s were gapped to 32. I'm running brisk plugs atm gapped to °28. I tried a new set 534 gapped to 30° and for some odd reason truck didn't like them. It maybe the mods. 28° working perfectly!
Mods
170 stat
Brisk silver plugs step colder
Stainless works s-tube catback
Maks Downpipes
Wagner intercooler
Rx performance catch can
Clean side separator
AFE charge pipe
AFE stage 2 cai
LiveWire ts
MPT custom tunes

Faster then Ecofx86! Lets see what he brings to the street. ...

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
We have changed all our customers to Autolite XPs. The 2012 and 2013s havent been as bad, but the 2011's have been all over the place. The 2011s have gotten way better with new plugs and the gap at .030.
I agree with you...the 2011's are bad and a lot of the 2012's that we have seen. 2013's are much better with the newer plugs and tighter gaps.

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
Mine were all gapped correctly when I pulled to look at them. Brisks I have are colder and gapped down to .028, I haven't had any trouble with mine yet.....knock on wood

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
Spoke too soon, that night I went out to log and boom, issues. Insulator came loose and dropped down over the electrode. Swapped Auto lites in last night

Reactions: Raiderfan1890

·
Registered
7,395 Posts
I guess I'm ignorant, but I always thought autolites were a crappy brand

Family First

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
I threw in the XP iridium, can't be any worse than my $12/plug POS Brisk lol

Reactions: scap99

·