F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Premium Member
734 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Posted it in my build thread but thought I'd ask here too.

What do you guys think? For $50 I'm willing to try it out when I get the truck back

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,086 Posts
I saw something similar over at the other forum. I think it just bypasses the BCM maybe but you may lose the diff lock light, not positive.

I imagine it being similar to how I did the bambi mod on my Jeep. Wire the switch directly to the relay trigger pin so it just directly activates the relay instead of feeding through the BCM.

·
Premium Member
734 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I saw something similar over at the other forum. I think it just bypasses the BCM maybe but you may lose the diff lock light, not positive.

I imagine it being similar to how I did the bambi mod on my Jeep. Wire the switch directly to the relay trigger pin so it just directly activates the relay instead of feeding through the BCM.
I think you're right about the BCM. I know they say the light doesn't come up on the dash so it makes sense. I Would ask if the elocker is good for super high speeds but the raptor elocker is the same from what I can tell so it should be good

·
Registered
4,086 Posts
I think you're right about the BCM. I know they say the light doesn't come up on the dash so it makes sense. I Would ask if the elocker is good for super high speeds but the raptor elocker is the same from what I can tell so it should be good

Just get a truetrac if you blow it up.

·
Premium Member
734 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just get a truetrac if you blow it up.
Not a bad idea

I was thinking of doing a regear anyway so that would be a perfect excuse to do it then

·
Premium Member
5,921 Posts
Not a bad idea

I was thinking of doing a regear anyway so that would be a perfect excuse to do it then

Did you just agree to "blow something up"?

You gotta stop doing that.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
734 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Did you just agree to "blow something up"?

You gotta stop doing that.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Never!!!!

It's all part of my plan to build a badass luxury prerunner

·
Premium Member
734 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Purchased! Thanks for the heads up
Been trying to get 5* to disable the E Locker for a while now.
I likeeeeee

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk
Glad I could help!

·
Registered
3,730 Posts
Well, late yesterday afternoon I installed the relay, and I will tell you.... that this WAS NOT a piece of cake to install!
SPE's written motto on their website for the Full Lock Diff Kit: "So easy even a chick could do it"....holy shi* I could have definitely used a chick that was petite with small delicate hands 😊
I mean, I'm 6'2" and 230#s.....and it was very difficult navigating around the front passenger corner kick panel/fuse box/TCCM.
At one point I entered through the drivers side door over both drivers passenger seats & opened console glove compartment like I was going for a dive or something?!
I will also tell you that the instructions sent with the jumper kit are very simple? I would be lying if I said I wasn't VERY NERVOUS clipping wires from the factory TCCM harness.....but I already had the purchased part and was sammiched/ jacked up/in that little semi crawl space between the front seat and glove box.
Also....I could not for the life of me get enough separation from the TCCM wire harness and the purchased relay setup....I had to add 2 jumper wires for extended length-fine.
Now another slight problem is on the cue card installation instructions it says to tap into the red & green wire from the black plug? Their are 2 leads with the same colors? :explicit:
Looking at the tiny diagram on the card I made what I thought was the correct wire tap.
Put all together and the Locker Dial Switch works the opposite.... meaning when I pull it out it disengages/ push in engages-And you will have no screen indicator showing the locker engaged-not a deal breaker.
BUT I will contact SPE directly on Monday to find out why their diagram only shows 1 red/green wire and the 2014 F150 4x4 has 2 red/green wire and which one is the correct wire? Will switching to the other red/green wire make the factory dial work as stock?
All in all...for $50 bucks the kit works and I now have complete control over the E-Locker! Locker engages and disengages quickly.
Here's what I had to work with......
PS...the enclosed pics do not look like what is under the kick panel! I actually went to Ford Parts department to MAKE SURE I was tapping into the correct module....

·
Premium Member
2,579 Posts
Glad you got it in.

I have yet to try the Raptor TCCM in my ‘14. It was only $70 Canadian, So I figured why not.

·
Registered
3,730 Posts
Well.....waiting-lol.
I just wanna hear how your experience was accessing the TCCM!?
Screenshot_20200203-164017_Google.jpg

·
Premium Member
2,579 Posts
It sucked, it's a super awkward angle. Probably took me more time messing around with getting at the 8mm fasteners, than anything else. The Raptor TCCM seems to be working fine for me. I hope to do some more "testing" this weekend.

·
Registered
4,803 Posts
Blown, see how it is driving on snowy roads?

I found that when I am going around corners and my elocker is engaged, that rear of the truck slides more when going around corners, than when the elocker is not engaged.

Off-road, especially mud, this might be the right ticket. Not sure about winter driving though. I have had my back end slide out too many times going around a corner with the elocker engaged. Luckily I wasn't going that fast.

I wish someone made a LSD that worked mechanically, but also supported the elocker, for when the elocker is a better alternative than an LSD.

·
Administrator
10,244 Posts
I, too, wish we had an LSD AND e locker.

As is, I'll take my E locker as is. It's great off the road.

Sent from my Moto Z3 Play using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2,579 Posts
Blown, see how it is driving on snowy roads?

I found that when I am going around corners and my elocker is engaged, that rear of the truck slides more when going around corners, than when the elocker is not engaged.

Off-road, especially mud, this might be the right ticket. Not sure about winter driving though. I have had my back end slide out too many times going around a corner with the elocker engaged. Luckily I wasn't going that fast.

I wish someone made a LSD that worked mechanically, but also supported the elocker, for when the elocker is a better alternative than an LSD.
Absolutely agreed. I do not engage the elocker on the road that reason. I think that is where a Torsen type LSD works the best. But for offroad, I'll take a locker over LSD. I have only had clutch type LSD's in the past, and they were crap for off-roading. It was a "2 wheel drive" 4x4 all the time.

I'm not aware of a LSD/locker combo, I only know of lockers, Screw type (torsen), Posi or open.

Since I am looking at doing a small lift, I will be seriously considering putting a torsen in the front at the same time. I think I might break stuff, if I went to a locker in the front.

·
Registered
116 Posts
It sucked, it's a super awkward angle. Probably took me more time messing around with getting at the 8mm fasteners, than anything else. The Raptor TCCM seems to be working fine for me. I hope to do some more "testing" this weekend.
Did you have to install the raptor transfer case switch as well? Or did it already allow you to pull out when in 2h and 4h?

·
Premium Member
2,579 Posts
Did you have to install the raptor transfer case switch as well? Or did it already allow you to pull out when in 2h and 4h?

My stock switch had the functionality already, so just needed the TCCM to raise the MPH limit. I think the 2011's and 2012's will also need the switch swapped out.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts