21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
9,641 Posts
Sony products are crap in general.

·
Registered
7,590 Posts
Just had dealer replace my drivers door speaker today. These sound systems are pretty poor lol.
My stock stereo in my **** box caliber sounds worlds better and it wasn't even the kicker set up.
So it's been a few months and my drivers door speaker is going in and out again. What do y'all suggest as a $100-150 pair of speakers to replace these crap shoot stockers with.

·
Registered
9,641 Posts
I went with Rockford t1's and I love them.

Check out sonic electronics, I got all four on clearance for 200 bucks

·
Registered
7,590 Posts
Do you have to pull the whole door panel to do speakers on these trucks or do the grills pop out?

·
Registered
9,641 Posts
It's really easy to pull the panels. I had all four swapped in less than an hour.

It's one or two screws, and the whole panel's on clips.

·
Registered
869 Posts
My driver front speaker started acting up a few weeks ago. I bumped the volume up to eight bars on the display and the issue goes away. It must be a speaker issue related to the amount of signal driving the speaker.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I have the same problem . I replace one with kickers also but still the front left still keep cutting out and I also got static yesterday bad. There building a case on it so they can hopefully get the head unit replaced. My truck is a 13 screw black tux 12k on the clock. I purchased it in October.

On the brighter side they a wiring kit adaptor that plugs in to the factory harness that finally allows us to bypass the amp and hook ip aftermarket amps!!!

·
Registered
7,590 Posts
Um. The ford TSB calls for changing the door wiring. Have they done that.

·
Registered
7,590 Posts
Now my drivers door speaker is dying again. Called the aftermarket shop and he said its likely a high resistance connection and if they are soldered it would likely eliminate the issues. Going to call dealer and see what they say. Right now I can't just do the $250-300 it's going to run me for new speakers. Or maybe I'll just replace the fronts now and rears later.

·
Registered
4 Posts
A couple of things here. The '08-'10's had issues with the wiring between the A post and the door within the protective jacket. I have the same issue with my truck '12 150 SCC, but someone at some point broke the molex connection so when it is working it works fine but when it's not working nothing works, such as the windows, mirror controls, door locks, the airbag light comes on, the door open indicator is on... They are replacing the wiring harness in the door tomorrow, hopefully this will fix the audio issue I've been having and those electrical bugs that poped up last week.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just bought the F-150 Supercrew 2011 and the front speakers don't work. They aren't covered under a warranty anymore, should I take the door panels off and see what is going on or should I take it to a dealer? Also, if the front speakers don't work would that explain why I can make calls through SYNC but not hear anything through the speakers?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Anyone see an issue with the Tweeters in the A-pillers when truck is off the hole system sounds great but when you turn the truck on tweeters want to act as if they are going out or blown thought one of them was blown so ordered a new one from Ford sense I didn't really want to spend the money on upgrading. installed new speaker and still same issue. Any idea's

·
Registered
510 Posts
If there is no distortion in the door speaker, it uses the same power source as the tweeter. They are connected together behind the front door panel. I'm thinking it could be a loose or bad clip connector between the door speaker and tweeter. Maybe the engine is vibrating a loose connection? At least that's where I would start.

·
Registered
3 Posts
My left front just went out on my 2014, checked speaker and is ok also swapped and then that one did not work. must be a short or the radio.

·
Premium Member
2013 Ford F150 XLT 3.5 EgoBeast SuperCrew 4X4, 3.55 axles, 9.75" w/elocker
2,967 Posts
My left front just went out on my 2014, checked speaker and is ok also swapped and then that one did not work. must be a short or the radio.
Unfortunately, you will need to check the wiring from the speaker back toward the head. You can do this by checking continuity with a handheld digital multimeter.
Big question - Is the left front tweeter making sound ?

·
Registered
788 Posts
The harnesses suck. You can cut the connection off and see if it helps. I had issues and I cut off the connections on the driver's/passengers sides, wired directly, no issues since.

Sent from my moto g power using Tapatalk

21 - 36 of 36 Posts