F150 Ecoboost Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 37 Posts
Discussion starter · #1 ·
I had my drivers side front speaker going in and out. I talked to a friend that has an 11 F-150 and he has the same problem. I took it to my Ford dealer and asked them about it. Service Manager said they had one on order for someone. He took my VIN and ordered me one. Had it replaced today in under and hour. Anyone else have this problem?

Nope, so far so good. I guess something else to watch out for though. Glad they got it fixed for you quickly.

Attachments

2011 Ext Cab - I have had the same problem with driver's side front speaker. I can replicate the problem by wiggling the door wiring bundle with the door open. Had it into the dealer and they cleaned the contacts which helped for about a month. Taking it back in soon. I don't care if they have to solder the leads onto the speaker, I just want it fixed! Has anyone actually had their dealer resolve this problem?

Not sure the number of the TSB, but I did see this on another forum. Instructions for the tech were to check the connections and fix if required or replace the doors wiring harness. I'll check and see if I can find it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

FRONT DOOR SPEAKERS—INTERMITTENT OPERATION—DEARBORN TRUCK PLANT—BUILT ON OR BEFORE 12/1/2011

FORD:
2010-2012 F-150
The article supersedes TSB 12-10-18 to update the Part List.
ISSUE
Some 2010-2012 F-150 vehicles built at the Dearborn Truck Plant and built on or before 12/1/2011 may exhibit an intermittent operation of the driver and/or passenger front door speaker(s). This may be due to a poor pin connection at connector(s) C219 and/or C237, or a faulty door speaker.
ACTION
Follow the Service Procedure steps to correct the condition.
SERVICE PROCEDURE
1. Disconnect the connector C219 or C237 located at the lower A-pillar(s).
2. Inspect cavities 1 and 2 on the female side of connector C219 or C237 for terminal pins not seated. Refer to Wiring Diagram Cell 150-1 for connector views. Are the terminal pins 1 and 2 seated in the connector?
a. No - remove door trim panel and replace the front door harness. Refer to Workshop Manual (WSM), Section 501.05
b. Yes - reconnect connector(s), proceed to Step 3.
3. Replace front door speaker(s). Refer to WSM, Section 415-00.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

ive had all the door speakers repalced n my 12 eco screw. all were done under warrenty, they all was intermitting,

Just noticed this today with mine.

Front left speaker. I even played with fade and balance just to make sure and def did not work.
I then wiggled the door harness with the door open and it went away.

Will monitor for a while and print off this TSB and take it in. When I can.

Just had dealer replace my drivers door speaker today. These sound systems are pretty poor lol.
My stock stereo in my **** box caliber sounds worlds better and it wasn't even the kicker set up.

Had to replace the front left speaker due to intermittent operation last month.

Mine started going out few weeks after I bought the EB, Dealer replaced two under warranty but started having issues with new ones.

I replaced all of the doors with Kicker's. No issues since.

View attachment 3686
You had to cut stock wires? Or it was plug and play?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Sony quality is absolutely terrible. Swapped mine for rockford speakers

Decent 5x7's such as Rockford Fosgate are only $100 for a pair on eBay. Knowing the speakers suck, why spend the time farting with a dealer for a warranty replacement with another crappy speaker. Upgrade.

I replaced all mine in under an hour. You can buy harnesses from eBay or Crutchfield for ease. I didn't care so I soldered my connections. Still under an hour. The easy harness adapter would probably cut 10-15 minutes off of the installation.

Decent 5x7's such as Rockford Fosgate are only $100 for a pair on eBay. Knowing the speakers suck, why spend the time farting with a dealer for a warranty replacement with another crappy speaker. Upgrade.
I got the top of the line Rockford T1's on clearance for $130 a pair. They're not components, but they're about as good as it gets for factory replacements.

I have 6x8 kenwoods on order right now for the front doors. Going to get them for the rear as well and amp them. The factory speakers are crap.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.