F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
9,641 Posts
Speed....this was the first thing that came to mind....

I don't know how you could adjust the speed limiter and not affect your warranty.

·
Registered
7,395 Posts
Reactions: Tuffmag

·
Registered
7,395 Posts
OP, I don't think there is a way to remove it, however just because you tune doesn't mean a voided warranty. And you can always return to stock when you go in for services

·
Registered
9,641 Posts
OP, I don't think there is a way to remove it, however just because you tune doesn't mean a voided warranty. And you can always return to stock when you go in for services
Very true. But if you something happens to the truck while it's going above the governed speed, like sling a rod through the block, you're not going to be able to hide the tune or bypassed speed limiter from the factory...
you have to weigh the costs vs the benefits.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Yes you can hide it !
Return the vehicle to stock and If the vehicle is not drivable you can simply plug every accessory you can find into you're truck - DRAIN the battery - that will throw a code which will supersede the previous scan.
If you can drive it simply return it to stock and drive around for a few days to establish a current driving history since the latest flash.
Once you take it in for service you can tell the service writers that you're check engine light came on and you went to advanced auto / autozone to have the code read.
Been there done that !

·
Registered
9,641 Posts
Yes you can hide it !
Return the vehicle to stock and If the vehicle is not drivable you can simply plug every accessory you can find into you're truck - DRAIN the battery - that will throw a code which will supersede the previous scan.
That is new news to me, and very good to know. Thanks for that!

·
Registered
750 Posts
Yes you can hide it !
If you can drive it simply return it to stock and drive around for a few days to establish a current driving history since the latest flash.
Once you take it in for service you can tell the service writers that you're check engine light came on and you went to advanced auto / autozone to have the code read.
Been there done that !

When you posted that I thought of this haha!

·
Registered
315 Posts
These days you gotta find the loop holes .....

·
Registered
750 Posts
Isnt that the truth, thanks for the tip though honestly.

·
Registered
315 Posts
No problem ! That's part of what these forums are for : 1. Talkin smack 2.helping everybody we can

Reactions: milesej05

·
Registered
13,052 Posts
So spam?

Now onto the REAL question.

Um how do you get rid of the speed limiter without a tune

Dang loopholes. Answer the ORIGINAL question.

please ;)

Sent from my space grey 5S using an aPP called Tapatalk

·
Registered
9,641 Posts
So spam?

Now onto the REAL question.

Um how do you get rid of the speed limiter without a tune

Dang loopholes. Answer the ORIGINAL question.

please ;)

Sent from my space grey 5S using an aPP called Tapatalk
You tow it with something that'll go faster...

Reactions: TOOLOUD

·
Registered
315 Posts
You can't without a tuner plain and simple

Reactions: 2Canches
1 - 17 of 17 Posts