F150 Ecoboost Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was on my way to work and I noticed my MPH needle was way below 0. Sure enough it's about 15 miles off. Has anyone else experienced this? curious what I should do, I assume I'll have to take in to the dealership. My truck is a 2012.

·
Registered
5,529 Posts
I see your Check Engine Light is one. That may be something related to your problem.

Have you put aftermarket tires on?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Check engine light is from a miss fire, picture was from before I put new plugs in. I just went and bought am ob2 scanner though I'll see if anything else comes up. Stock rims, I did get new goodyear wrangler ats, but I don't see how it would be 15 miles off and I feel like the needle going below 0 points to something else.

Thank you for the reply.

·
Moderstrator
3,346 Posts
We had another member that had this issue and as I remember he had to have the guage panel rebuilt/replaced. We do have a new Vendor on the forum and I think this is one of the things they do. Take a look at this thread.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Curious...is the needle below zero sitting at a light or did you notice it with the engine off. Some companies have a rest (no power) position, then when energized, it moves to zero. Not going to solve your problem but was wondering...

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Curious...is the needle below zero sitting at a light or did you notice it with the engine off. Some companies have a rest (no power) position, then when energized, it moves to zero. Not going to solve your problem but was wondering...
Yes, it goes below zero if I'm at a stop light

·
Vendor
30 Posts
I was on my way to work and I noticed my MPH needle was way below 0. Sure enough it's about 15 miles off. Has anyone else experienced this? curious what I should do, I assume I'll have to take in to the dealership. My truck is a 2012. View attachment 172730
Hello
You can get one on ebay but then you got to do millage correction. We can help you with that or
You can have your original part repaired at UpFix - We save you money on rebuilding your failed electronics! Here is the service link Instrument Cluster Repair Return Services | UpFix

·
Premium Member
1,591 Posts
Sounds like the speedo needle is off track/misaligned. That’s strictly a mechanical issue and not software.

Only real way of fixing would be removing the cluster.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts