F150 Ecoboost Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Ford F-150 XLT 2.7 Ecoboost 3.55 Axle
916 Posts
Any suggestions on hearing more turbo noise? I have MBRP 4” system. It’s quite loud, but turbo noise is just slightly more than stock.
So yours is the same year as mine, and the same engine. Do you have a cold air intake? If not, you probably would like one, because you can hear so much spooling sounds from the intake. As far as hearing the turbos in the exhaust, best way is of course a straight pipe with downpipes, but your best bet is to do some Catted downpipes, a 3” or 4” catback exhaust like the Corsa dB.

Problem is, I had the same exhaust you have, and I had it with my downpipes and I could not hear the turbos in the exhaust at all. Even with the downpipes. It wasn’t till I went with the Corsa dB that they woke up like a diesel. Corsa has a specifically designed muffler that enhances the turbo sound and sorta cancels out unwanted exhaust noise, but gives it a nice growl. I will warn you it is freaking louder than heck when you punch it. If people are mad at you now, they would be so ticked off if you got the Corsa.

·
Registered
2016 F-150 2.7L XLT
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah next step will definitely be the CAI. Does your “muffler” have 4” inlet and outlet? I just love the look of that giant pipe.

·
Registered
2016 Ford F-150 XLT 2.7 Ecoboost 3.55 Axle
916 Posts
Yeah next step will definitely be the CAI. Does your “muffler” have 4” inlet and outlet? I just love the look of that giant pipe.
No no, my exhaust system is different now, it’s a 3” system. It’s the Corsa dB catback 3”. Yeah I did like the look of the big 4” pipe, but if I was ever going back to a 4” exhaust i would straight pipe it and totally delete the muffler.

·
Premium Member
853 Posts
Any suggestions on hearing more turbo noise? I have MBRP 4” system. It’s quite loud, but turbo noise is just slightly more than stock.
Noted the "Custom Offsets" window applique. Are you a "cheese head"?
If so hello from a fellow sconie, if not the hello anyway! KM

·
Registered
2013 Tux Blk 3.5 ecoboost Screw/JLT CC/S&B CAI/6"RC lift/20"Anthem gunners
34 Posts
Not a cheesehead here. From Pennsylvania but couldn’t resist slapping that puppy on with those new fuel wheels 👌🏻
Nice truck, bro! I like those wheels! I gotta CAI and I can definitely hear more turbo sound. I got my wheels from Custom Offsets too!

Tire Wheel Automotive parking light Car Vehicle

·
Registered
148 Posts
As others have mentioned - CAI 100%.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts