F150 Ecoboost Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,
New to the forum but I have been lurking for a while.
I picked up my 2013 F-150 XLT SuperCrew EcoBeast MaxTow last night and could not be happier. I bought this truck for several reasons, but primarily to pull our camper. I appreciate the info I have read on here while creeping, and look forward to being a active participant here.

Regards,

SPPD

·
Registered
588 Posts
Hey welcome! What kind of camper you pulling?

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Mike and AK,

I have a Palomino SolAire 317 BHSK. It's 36' w/ double slides and about 7k dry. Looking at about 9k camp ready, but I am sure the EcoBeast is gonna do just fine! By default this truck will also be my daily driver so the better economy was the deciding factor to get the Eco over the 5.0. I also have a thing for forced induction and I have also had a Turbo HHR SS and a Supercharged Impala SS. My Mom is Chevy employee so for the most part I have been a GM driver. I have had 2 other fords though including a 1993 Mustang GT and a 2004 Ford Ranger XLT extended cab.
I absolutely love my new EcoBeast Screw. I have 4 children so I chose the 40/20/40 front so we all fit.

Again, I have already learned a lot of great information on here and I hope I am able to contribute when I have more than 53 miles on the new Truck.

Regards,

SPPD

·
Registered
588 Posts
That sounds like a sweet trailer. I am with you on that the EcoBeast will tow the weight all day long. I do heavy trailing and haven't found the EcoBeast short on power and often find myself having to back of the throttle because it build too much speed up the grades. I have had a heavily modified 08 F-150 5.4l and V10 SuperDuty and neither can match the EcoBoost in the balance of Daily driving and towing. I am a majoy fan of forced induction as well.

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
AK,

Based on your profile I see that you are in the great state of Alaska, so you surely face conditions that we never see down here. It is a testament to this fine motor that you are having such success with it.

SPPD

·
Registered
9 Posts
Welcome, SPPD - That's a nice trailer to go with the nice truck. I dropped a note for you on the 5th wheel towing thread. Check that out if you haven't seen it yet.

·
Registered
859 Posts
Welcome to the forum SPPD!

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thank you! It's a nice forum you have here!

SPPD

1 - 9 of 9 Posts