F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Stuck between Rhino and Line-X. This truck shop near me sells, Xtreme Liner but I have never heard of it. Line X and Rhino are the most popular but any idea if anyone has heard of Xtreme Liners? If not would you choose between Rhino or Line-X

·
Registered
6,721 Posts
We have xtreme liner up here seems legit my ma's friend had her truck done with it and it turned out good. Just as thick as line x. It's all in the prep work the formulas are all basically the same thing.

·
Registered
3,611 Posts
I haven’t done a truck but I had the ARB bull bar on my Jeep Rhino lined and its been solid. Ill occasionally bump trees offroading and nothing happens.

·
Registered
582 Posts
I've heard from a few people that have had both and they seem to like to Line X better. They say it's a harder material and holds up to stuff rubbing against it better.
I have neither so I'm juts telling you what a few people I know have told me.

·
Registered
435 Posts
I have used Rhino once and Line-x more times than i can count (work trucks, trailers, my truck, friends vehicles). It took hitting the Line X with a pick axe to 'break' it. When that happened, I was a little upset with the guy who did it, but I took it to Line X (different shop) and it was fixed while I waited. My work trailer has it and we drag metal barricades across it. After 4 years of abuse, it is starting to fail, but that to will be fixed under their lifetime warranty.

Rhino is rough, thin and rips easily.

I know some folks like Rhino lining, but I am not one.

·
Administrator
7,836 Posts
I had Rhino in my 2013 and it was absolute trash! Everything slid around and started flaking after 2 years.

Ended up spending the extra $100 dollars and got Line-X on my 2018 and it is definitely worth it!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just got Xtreme Liners by Ultimate Linings and got to say it's some good stuff. I read online they actually merged with Line X

·
Registered
307 Posts
Don't forget another option to a spray-in liner is something like the 5-piece liner from Dual Liner. Simple to install, lifetime warranty, mine was $399 delivered.

20180829a.jpg

·
Registered
307 Posts
That looks/fits better than the Ford drop-in liner. I hate mine!
Dealer where I got my truck wanted something like $300 for the one-piece drop-in liner, only warrantied for a year. The Dual Liner was less than a spray-in, and to me, offers just as much, if not more, protection, so I went with that instead.

·
Administrator
9,791 Posts
I like the dual liner better than a spray in. I'm too cheap though and scratches inside a bed don't bother me too much. I have a Weathertech Techliner and call it a day. My last two trucks never had a bed liner at all, after 200, and 300,000 miles. Meh.

Sent from my Moto Z3 Play using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4 Posts
Stuck between Rhino and Line-X. This truck shop near me sells, Xtreme Liner but I have never heard of it. Line X and Rhino are the most popular but any idea if anyone has heard of Xtreme Liners? If not would you choose between Rhino or Line-X
My 13 FX2 came with a Rhino spray in liner. First time I hauled anything (a wooden dresser, laid on it's back) the liner came off rubbed off. Now have white splotches and wide white bands showing where the liner came off. Liner was supposed to have been Installed by Rhino and it has the Rhino sticker in the box. Might be a one-off problem but for what they cost I would not go The Rhino route.

·
Administrator
7,836 Posts
Don't forget another option to a spray-in liner is something like the 5-piece liner from Dual Liner. Simple to install, lifetime warranty, mine was $399 delivered.

View attachment 164189
I only paid $450 for my Line-X...I figured a solution like this would be in the high $200 or low $300 range.

·
Registered
307 Posts
I only paid $450 for my Line-X...I figured a solution like this would be in the high $200 or low $300 range.
Spray-in liners were $600+ out here...

·
Administrator
9,791 Posts
The dual liners are REALLY nice. I'm not even sure I'd consider it to be a lesser option than a spray in.

·
Premium Member
5,039 Posts
I looked at the paint in the bed of my last couple of trucks and was amazed at how well they were painted, compared to the trucks of my youth. Or even 20 years ago.

I couldn't get myself to cover it with permanent Coating. But, I also use the bed continuously.

This time I just used the weathertech bed mat that extends up the sides a few inches and protects MOST of what gets abrasions and scratches. I'm NOT expecting a perfect bed paint at some point in the future if/when I were to sell or trade. But so far it looks like it would clean up to be a really good looking Platinum White bed if I made the effort.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
9,791 Posts
I have the WT liner and have about as much aluminum shining as black paint in the bed. Lol

I like the Techliner. It doesn't fit as well as it should but over time it has mostly laid down okay. If it fit like it should all the way around it would be money. I'd buy a similar product for the side walls in the bed too like the one for the tailgate.

·
Premium Member
5,039 Posts
Yea, the tailgate piece is really nice. It WOULD be cool if they made similar panels for the sides using factory mounting points.

So, that shiny aluminum...... do you mean on the unprotected areas of the truck?

·
Administrator
9,791 Posts
Yea, the tailgate piece is really nice. It WOULD be cool if they made similar panels for the sides using factory mounting points.

So, that shiny aluminum...... do you mean on the unprotected areas of the truck?

It was probably a bit of an exaggeration, but yes. The sides of the bed are scuffed up from general use. The bottom is too from a year or two being bare but not as bad since it has been lined for a while.

·
Registered
567 Posts
Good conversation. I've actually been thinking about this recently. I cant stand the plastic drop in garbage that's on my truck now.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts