F150 Ecoboost Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

· Moderstrator
3,079 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know several of you have the Branick 7600.
It’s gotta be one of the top of the line units; perhaps costly at around $880 delivered but a high quality and safe tool, right?
And by the way - are these delivered in pieces and need assembly?
Do you have any pros and cons to share if you sun or have used one if the Branicks?

And what about the Velor (?) units I see on Amazon and eBay? Anyone have one if these?

Finally - any horror stories, near death or close call limb loss stories you want to share?

· Premium Member
2022 Powergrid KingRanch in Sparkle White
15,277 Posts
Wait.
I thought this project had a spending cap?

That capital investment would more than cover having your front coilovers professionally pre-pared for a clean swap.

Although I would love to have one of those for the barn. :)

· Premium Member
17 Lariat SCLB Max Tow 4x4
1,211 Posts
I’ve done three F-150s in the last 2 years with this tool. No big drama no issues. You need to know to how to properly do the job. Did the puller rods like to flex? Yes. If I did auto mechanics for a living would I buy a better kit/set? Yes. Any type of puller needs the forcing/pulling rods greased. They work better and easier.
Product Rectangle Luggage and bags Bag Font

· Moderstrator
4,863 Posts
We've discussed this before so I know you don't really want to hear from me once again. If you can find a way to use it a few times, perhaps for others for a nominal fee, that is a great compressor.

Having said that, I can't recommend something that has a footprint that large whether mounted on the floor or hanging on the wall in my garage/shop when I know I'll only use it a few times over a few years. In fact, I don't think I'd hang one on my sheetrock wall. A cinder block wall would be a different story.

The floor/wall space and cost/benefit equation don't make sense to me. Now if space and cost aren't a concern, I think you should have one in each corner of the garage so you won't have to walk very far to change each corner of the vehicle with struts or coil-overs all the way around. 🤪

You probably shouldn't take the advice of someone that has a spring compressor. I don't know what it is to do without.

· Registered
498 Posts
Product Rectangle Toy Red Font

I've got the Branick 7600 as well as the spring kit above. Since I'm always wrenching alone, the spring compressor kit helps the Branick slowly and safely compress springs, (so far I've worked with up to 600lb/in coilsprings). The bonus is that since I'm in a rural area, my neighbors and I frequently borrow tools on the weekends, and this is one of them.

· Premium Member
2022 Powergrid KingRanch in Sparkle White
15,277 Posts
We've discussed this before so I know you don't really want to hear from me once again. If you can find a way to use it a few times, perhaps for others for a nominal fee, that is a great compressor.

Having said that, I can't recommend something that has a footprint that large whether mounted on the floor or hanging on the wall in my garage/shop when I know I'll only use it a few times over a few years. In fact, I don't think I'd hang one on my sheetrock wall. A cinder block wall would be a different story.

The floor/wall space and cost/benefit equation don't make sense to me. Now if space and cost aren't a concern, I think you should have one in each corner of the garage so you won't have to walk very far to change each corner of the vehicle with struts or coil-overs all the way around. 🤪

You probably shouldn't take the advice of someone that has a spring compressor. I don't know what it is to do without.
More than fair. And I'm OK if you talked him out of it.
But...... If he DOES spring for the real deal, he's driving distance from me. :)

I sure won't need one.

· Moderstrator
3,079 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

· Premium Member
1,211 Posts
As long the puller rod is up to the task it looks as if it would do well. Also as long as it’s solidly mounted.

Reactions: tidefan1967

· Premium Member
1,211 Posts
Reactions: Boatwaco

· Registered
10,507 Posts
I’ve done three F-150s in the last 2 years with this tool. No big drama no issues. You need to know to how to properly do the job. Did the puller rods like to flex? Yes. If I did auto mechanics for a living would I buy a better kit/set? Yes. Any type of puller needs the forcing/pulling rods greased. They work better and easier. View attachment 184947
Thats what i just used in my 700 in-lb 6112 spings on my gx. The only issue u had was that the spacing between each coild was really tight.

And i rented it from Carquest for free

· Moderstrator
3,079 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I’m looking at these two sets as well; similar to one another so I’m checking the reviews closely.

Shankly Spring Compressor Tool - Heavy Duty Build, Ultra-Rugged Coil Spring Compressor Tool or Strut Spring Compressor Strong and Durable ATV Spring Compressor Tool https://a.co/d/8iILaio

Limited-time deal: BILITOOLS 2-Piece Coil Spring Compressor Tool Heavy Duty Macpherson Strut Spring Compressor Set with Safety Jaws and Holder, Max Load.2645LB https://a.co/d/ip3Dg54

· Moderstrator
3,079 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
This is the style I have and it works very well.
Probably a silly Question on this for @Blown F-150 - once you compress the spring and remove the strut, can you loosen the tool enough to take it off the compressed spring?

· Premium Member
1,211 Posts
Probably a silly Question on this for @Blown F-150 - once you compress the spring and remove the strut, can you loosen the tool enough to take it off the compressed spring?
I’m sure you can, you’d just have to start compressing the spring with it half way through its travel.

· Registered
109 Posts
I used one of these. It did the job for installing Bilstein 5100s in the front of my truck, and I used it again installing Bilstein B4s in the front of my Cruze. Still gotta do the 5100s in the front of my dad's truck, and my sister wants me to do the struts in her Forester.

· Registered
776 Posts
I used one of these. It did the job for installing Bilstein 5100s in the front of my truck, and I used it again installing Bilstein B4s in the front of my Cruze. Still gotta do the 5100s in the front of my dad's truck, and my sister wants me to do the struts in her Forester.
@Boatwaco, this could be your story! The nicer the unit you end up with. The more i bet you get to use it 😎

1 - 20 of 28 Posts