F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys. I'm a proud owner of a 2012 Fx4 ecoboost. Fully bolt ons with stage 3 tunes. Love the truck so much.

recently, about 3 months ago I got a 6" Pro comp Lift, coilovers, rear shocks the whole 9. However, Before I got the lift I kept hearing a chirpy, squeaky, sound from what I thought at the time was the rear shocks. Got my lift done and I still hear the same Squeaky, Chirpy sound, but now that I pay more attention. It seems to be coming from the front end, thinking maybe a bushing in the control arm or somthing. Any ideas? I haven't got my brakes done ever and I got the truck at 32k miles at 60k now. Pro comp suggested to look at the brake for wear. I'm also hearing a creaking when the front end goes down especially when braking, the weight from the engine causes a stereotypical bed squeak sound from the front end.

also somthing was clunking on bumps. I took it back in and the shop I got it done from (great reputation) told me they adjusted some things and tightened up everything. sent me on my way telling me were all locked down so don't worry about anything falling apart. They said that if it kept clunking they weren't really sure if it's a pro comp component, underlying issue, or somthing is hitting one another when compressed. Here's a video of the clunking when I pull into my driveway. In the video it looks like the steering stabilizer bar? Is hitting the lift kit block

·
Registered
53 Posts
I have the same kit on my 2014 and it makes so many creaking noises I just turn up the radio and they magically disappear. All kidding aside though mine really does creak a lot.

Looked at mine many times and have not found anything out of the ordinary.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It drives me crazy haha. So if the creaking is normal on yours. Still trying to figure out the chirping/ squeak I was hearing before I installed the lift. I got a good guy who takes care of me at the local ford. Probably gonna have them check out the sounds.. Driving me crazy to the point i don't care what it costs lol. Hoping it's just a bushing or somthing needing some lube

1 - 3 of 3 Posts