F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello- I am fairly new to the forum and to the Ecoboost. I have a 2014 FX4 with about 35K miles on which I have upgraded the exhaust and intake. I have also tuned the engine with a 5 Star custom performance tune.

Last week I installed a Turbosmart BOV. After releasing the throttle on a heavy load it releases nicely with this new valve. However I noticed that under a light-medium load there is a squeal noise accompanied with the BOV release noise. Any ideas? is this normal? Any input would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Each truck can be different. If your BOV isn't adjusted correctly, you will get some Turbo flutter noise. When I first installed the BOV, it made a noise and low or part throttle release that I can only describe as a lot like a dove or pigeon cooing noise, with a slow Psssssh at the end. I found the adjusting procedure from Turbosmart and now it releases with a quick sharp, sound at all throttle releases without sounding like birds under your hood. You may want to start there, if you just installed the BOV out of the box without adjusting it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts