F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I picked up the cover for the stage 2 air system. Cuts down on the noise level. And it is a much cleaner look under the hood. image.jpg

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Dyno testing has shown that the cover dramatically reduces performance.

SPPD

·
Registered
229 Posts
I have also heard that the cover will reduce the preformance. How can you not love the sound of the turbos!?

·
Registered
537 Posts
I look at it this way. The OP tried the intake...maybe for performance or maybe for under the hood looks. Bottom line didn't care for the extra noise of our fine Texas dust n pollen filled air being sucked in thru the filters or the added whistle of the turbo. So he added the sucker cover to reduce the noise. May have lost a little performance gains in the process, but if the occasion ever calls for more needed power and boost it is still there with the quick removal of the cover. Sometimes quite is nice.....REAL NICE.

And I have sat in Austin, TX traffic......sometimes you ain't going no where fast!!!!! Of course at other times it seems that you can't go fast enough to get out of the way!!!!

·
Registered
229 Posts
I look at it this way. The OP tried the intake...maybe for performance or maybe for under the hood looks. Bottom line didn't care for the extra noise of our fine Texas dust n pollen filled air being sucked in thru the filters or the added whistle of the turbo. So he added the sucker cover to reduce the noise. May have lost a little performance gains in the process, but if the occasion ever calls for more needed power and boost it is still there with the quick removal of the cover. Sometimes quite is nice.....REAL NICE.

And I have sat in Austin, TX traffic......sometimes you ain't going no where fast!!!!! Of course at other times it seems that you can't go fast enough to get out of the way!!!!
Haha Austin traffic is horrible! My GF goes to school at UT and on my days off I would go up there and sit in traffic forever! I have also found that people tend to stare at a lifted truck when they come through the streets of Austin lol. When 35 finally opens up though you can let er rip!

·
Registered
329 Posts
I am looking at getting the aFe stage 2 and other parts from them to build up the performance of my truck. Is it really so loud that it would warrant a cover? What other parts do you have?

·
Premium Member
2,427 Posts
They're louder than any other intake but as said, MAF sensor is only reading one intake tube and a cover drastically reduces performance on the stage 2.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The cover did what I wanted and that was to lower the volume. During the week I leave it on since the Eco is my DD. On the weekends if I plan on meeting up with other car enthusiasts I take it off. When removed it does have a little bit more kick. When it is on, it just looks good under the hood. So the long and short is that I am happy with the purchase. It takes all of one minute to take off or put back on. For those of you who have driven in Austin traffic, know what a horrible experience it is. Austin is nationally ranked in the top five for worst traffic and driving experience.

·
Registered
152 Posts
The people who stare at traffic in Austin are the ones on the mind altering substances. And there is A LOT of them in Austin.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
sorry for the late reply, just figured out how to post pic's from IPAD. image.jpg
AFE stage II with cover.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Oops, upside down. I must have been standing on my head, looking over my shoulder holding phone with left hand.
read between the lines... My seven year old little guy took this photo. Lol

·
Registered
5 Posts
Without the cover, your simply sucking in hot air from the engine compartment, so it now is a Hot AiR Intake System! Just Sayin

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
About this Discussion
13 Replies
9 Participants
Kc311
F150 Ecoboost Forum
F150Ecoboost.net is the best Ford F150 Ecoboost Forum with discussions on 2011+ F150 Ecoboost Trucks. Discuss performance mods, towing questions, wheels, tires, lift kits, and much more!
Full Forum Listing