F150 Ecoboost Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I installed this last last weekend. Check engine light came on. Checked code it was for o2 sensors. I figured that problem out it was a tiny exhaust leak by turbo. Drove it prob 50 miles check engine light came back on. This time i read the code and it said this. Catalyst system efficency below threshold b1 b2. There was 2 codes thrown same on both. Not sure what the problem is. I was thinking i might need to get a custom tune because i installed the downpipe. Thoughts??

2012 F150 EcoBoost Lariat

·
Registered
100 Posts
you really should get a custom tune for downpipes, its reccomended by many.

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It has high flow cats. And i think I'm going to get custom tunes but didn't think i would need them because the downpipe was suppose to be good to go bolt on. And i was talking to my buddy last night and he said i need the o2 cheaters too, do you think i just need the cheaters four the back sensors or all 4?? Thanks for the responds!

·
Registered
100 Posts
Well, if you get a custom tune, that should fix it without you having to get new sensors. The tune will tell the computer that the o2s are reading normal

·
Supporting Vendor
482 Posts
It has high flow cats. And i think I'm going to get custom tunes but didn't think i would need them because the downpipe was suppose to be good to go bolt on. And i was talking to my buddy last night and he said i need the o2 cheaters too, do you think i just need the cheaters four the back sensors or all 4?? Thanks for the responds!

A tune is definitely recommended that should take care of your issue.

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I emailed the company i bought my tuner from and asked them if they could send me some updated tunes. But for now do you think i should just put those spacers in??

·
Registered
327 Posts
Getting the tune is really the best way to get the parts to work with the parts and use them efficiently. It will also help your truck run a lot better.

·
Registered
35 Posts
By chance are you running any catback? If so is it significantly louder or is it around OEM?? Please do help as I am looking into this set up but have to find out which catback offers close to OEM levels of db.

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
By chance are you running any catback? If so is it significantly louder or is it around OEM?? Please do help as I am looking into this set up but have to find out which catback offers close to OEM levels of db.
Yes I'm running a heartthrob 4 inch catback with muffler delete (straight pipe) with 5 inch tip.. Yea you could say its louder than stock lol i have to still get some good sound clips

1 - 11 of 11 Posts