F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so I went to take off earlier today. truck was full warmed up and had already drove around town a bit and everything. got into third gear and just completely lost power, no light thrown or anything. let off the gas, tried to get back into it and same thing. had to pull over, came to a complete stop and the whole truck just started jumping like a misfire but just had plugs and everything changed about 10000 miles ago. 2012 eco super crew xlt, 162000 miles. it is the 6 speed auto and has had the reprogramming that sometimes feels to be worse than the original program I started with.

·
1,844 Posts
I’m assuming this fired back up and you were able to drive it? Perhaps the throttle body? There’s quite a bit of discussion on this and your description sounds like it mirrors those of others that have had a bad TB.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I didnt turn it off. I've got the gear display on the dash and I watched it shift to 3rd when it all happened but when I pulled over, I came and came to a complete stop it still remained in 3rd the 6 or 7 seconds it shook then finally dropped into 1st and the shake seemed to go away a little later. I'd say it shook 10 seconds overall. after that drove the next 5 miles home no problem

·
Registered
3,933 Posts
Im gunna guess the throttle body.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
so this issue hadnt happened again til this morning, that makes 3 weeks. first start of the morning I had a little bit of hard shifting. no big time kicks like something was going to break but in every gear was just a small bump I guess. get to a stoplight after about 3 miles of highway and on take off does it again as its jumping into 3rd. it was like the transmission was ready to go into 4th and just said no bro, I ain't doing that. went ahead and turned it off and restarted, ran fine and nothing else since

·
Registered
2 Posts
Mine stalled once in a parking lot. When I tried to restart, it would spit and sputter for 3-5 seconds, then die. Key off and on changed nothing. It just wouldn't idle. Turned out to be the Fuel Control Driver Module that is on the frame crossmember above the spare tire. I had 125k miles.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Lead frame in the transmission causes the same issues. It's the internal wiring harness for trans. Replace and have tcm updated. I do these frequently. There is a tsb for it.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Lead frame in the transmission causes the same issues. It's the internal wiring harness for trans. Replace and have tcm updated. I do these frequently. There is a tsb for it.
that's great news. just another thing leading back to the infamous lead frame issue. I'm really hoping they eventually decide to replace the crazy things but that will never happen. I'll have it paid off by this time next year but I swear one more problem and I'm on the verge of getting rid of it. I hate to cause I love it but its beginning to turn into a money pit

1 - 8 of 8 Posts