F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was wondering how many high mileage owners there are on here. Also wondering what mods if any, when you performed regular maintenance, what brand fluids and filters you used, any repairs you had to do and what kind of fuel mileage your getting.

I am a new ecoboost owner I've hade mine a couple months. It's a 2013 xlt, flame blue 43000 miles, sct live wire tune, new plugs and fresh coat of wax. I am hoping on keeping this truck a very long time. Before this one I had a 2009 reg cab stx with the 4.6. I to had to have a reman motor put in at 80k( thank god for extended warranties ), axel shaft seal replaced at 50k and I had to replace the blend door actuator twice( which I did myself and was a huge pain in my ass ). I absolutely love my ecoboost though. Wouldn't trade it for a Cadillac but maybe a new raptor lol. But anyway would love to hear about your truck and any modifications that make it more pleasing to own.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Can you please quantify high mileage?
I have a 2014 I bought new that has a little over 76000. In July it will be 3 years old and probably at 100000.

·
Premium Member
2,999 Posts
Reactions: matt60

·
Registered
75 Posts
I have a 2014 I bought new that has a little over 76000. In July it will be 3 years old and probably at 100000.
I have a 2013 Supercrew 4x4 with 137,000 miles. I just bought it the end of January and it had 130,000 when I got it. I've had all the fluids changed except the transmission. The shop had a new machine ordered that wasn't in yet. I used 5-30 Mobil 1 with a Ford filter for the engine. The transfer case was Ford synthetic and I think the differentials were too. It was all oem fluids. The truck doesn't use any oil or have any problems other than erratic dual zone climate control. It's solid and doesn't have any rattles. I changed the spark plugs myself and they looked like they were original. 40,000 miles is low miles.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have a 2013 Supercrew 4x4 with 137,000 miles. I just bought it the end of January and it had 130,000 when I got it. I've had all the fluids changed except the transmission. The shop had a new machine ordered that wasn't in yet. I used 5-30 Mobil 1 with a Ford filter for the engine. The transfer case was Ford synthetic and I think the differentials were too. It was all oem fluids. The truck doesn't use any oil or have any problems other than erratic dual zone climate control. It's solid and doesn't have any rattles. I changed the spark plugs myself and they looked like they were original. 40,000 miles is low miles.
I understand it's low miles. That's why I wanted to make this thread so others and myself could ask questions to the other owners with higher miles on there trucks.

·
Registered
11 Posts
We bought our 2012 SCREW EB with 24k miles. It now has 102k. I have been meticulous about changing the oil and have used Synthetic 5w30 only. Previous owner was also meticulous about changing the oil.

I am getting ready to change trans, diff and transfer case fluids soon. Have all of the fluids/filter, just need to find the time.

Have also changed plugs twice.

Other than that, this truck has had IWEs replaced 3 times (2 on one side, 1 on the other) and the catalytic converters replaced (under warranty) due to misfire issue with EB (known issue).

MPT 93 Performance tune and runs great! Rides better than our 2016 Explorer Limited too. These trucks age well if taken care of. :)

·
Registered
51 Posts
127k on my 2011 Eco Scew XLT. I had the timing chain TSB performed at 106k under warranty. Passenger side front wheel bearing went bad around 118k. Replaced both sides since the other one would probably go bad soon after. Currently have a check engine light on for a o2 sensor that I plan on replacing in a week or so when I get the time. Other than that it's been oil changes every 5-10 thousand miles and spark plugs every 30-40k. I'm happy with the way it's holding up to the abuse it's taken since day 1. It will still whip a chevy in a stop light race and be ready to take my kids to school in the morning.

Rust is starting to become a problem though. Not everyone lives in a salt state but it eats away at every brand so I can't knock Ford for it. I just had a body shop owned by a family friend take a look and give me a price to replace whatever needs replacing and fix whatever can be fixed. He says $1000 will get the job done. Penciled me in for 2 months from now. I'm going to get this rust taken care of now before it gets really bad.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I have 145K on my 2013 but I bought it with that many miles just a bit over a month ago. I have done brakes and will be changing plugs, trans fluid, and the rear diff fluid soon. It's a 4X2 so no transfer case or front diff.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a 2011 with 130k on it bought it with 400 miles on it. Been using motorcraft filters on it since day one, but using Valvoline oil, high mileage since the 80k mark. Change my spark plugs every 2 years, I use ngk iridium plugs, and belden boots for the coils, lifetime warranty against tears and splits.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I have a 2018 STX 2.7EB That had 118K when I bought it, found out it was a run around truck for a oilfield worker in Southern NM/West Texas area.
I have driven it around town and on the Freeway over 90mph, no problems yet, love it and hope high mileage doesn't get me .

1 - 13 of 13 Posts