F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
860 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Welcome to my Oxford White Truck build thread! Here's the truck just shortly after I purchased it a couple of months ago:

2012 Ford F150 Ecoboost
- Max Tow Package
- FX4 Package
- Oxford White / Black Leather
- 18" FX4 Wheels

2012-f150-ecoboost-oxford-white.jpg

·
Registered
860 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
FX4 vs Ford Raptor :)

2012-f150-fx4-2012-ford-raptor.jpg

·
Registered
860 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
haha, Ford should offer that has a factory package :)

Reactions: mikemetz82

·
Registered
860 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Playing around with a night shot of the truck in the rain :)

2012-white-f150-ecoboost-night.jpg

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
That is a great picture of your EcoBeast Dan! I gotta say I love the White. When I started looking for a new tow vehicle for my camper I was pretty sure I wanted Blue Jeans. I figured I could accept Tuxedo Black, or Sterling. I was only able to find 1 truck in the entire state of Illinois that had the MaxTrailer Tow package and it was Oxford White with full chrome package. I was disappointed because like I said I really wanted Blue Jeans. Well after almost a month of having the truck I would have ordered it the same way. I absolutely love the Oxford White now! I was a little afraid that it would look too fleet like in white, but with the chrome it looks just right.

Again Nice Truck and Nice Color!

SPPD

·
Registered
176 Posts
I had a 2000 Oxford White Clear coat F150 XLT SC Step-side which I traded in on my 2013 FX2; that white was so easy to keep clean and keep looking good for years. The white color and the fact it only had 100,600 miles after nearly 13 years on the road really helped me get a great trade locally. Not that you'll want to trade your FX4! Great looking truck!

·
Registered
152 Posts
Looks good! I realy like the white. Mine is a 2012 fx4, candy red. Just took my 20" rims in for powder coat. Getting them carbon black. Was looking for black centers as they can't powder coat plastic. Found a thread on a product called plasi-dip. looks like real deal. also going to black out the emblims and the side mirror reflectors with this product looks easy enough and good rewiews on product as well. Hope it turns out,will let you know and try to put some pics up once I figure out how.lol

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Plasti dip is great! Lots of people I know have used it on rims and have gotten years out of it and it still looks great.

SPPD

·
Registered
152 Posts
:cool:good to hear. can't wait to get home in a couple of weeks and put it all together.

·
Registered
860 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Guess what was waiting at my doorstep last night :cool:

f150-ecoboost-bullydog-intake1.jpg

·
Registered
860 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I know most people are going with the dual AFE intakes, but I thought I'd go a different route. :) I really like the fact the bully dog has a top cover that goes over the intake. Similar to the stock setup, but hopefully flows just a tad more.

f150-ecoboost-bullydog-intake2.jpg

·
Registered
152 Posts
I know most people are going with the dual AFE intakes, but I thought I'd go a different route. :) I really like the fact the bully dog has a top cover that goes over the intake. Similar to the stock setup, but hopefully flows just a tad more.

View attachment 409
Good to see Dan! let us know how it sounds/performs. It looks beafy too,like it has shoulders!

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
We expect a full user review of the intake!!!!

SPPD

·
Registered
589 Posts
A great choice Dan! Please post a review like SPPD said and also a sound bit or video!

·
Registered
860 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
ok, ok :)

Had some time Sunday to install the intake and it was a piece of cake. The step by step instructions that Bully Dog provided with the kit were spot on. Yeah, I read the directions first.. lol.. I'm a computer guy, so anytime I mess with a vehicle I'm out of my element :)

f150-ecoboost-bullydog-intake3.jpg

The overall fit and finish of the intake is very high quality and better then stock. The intake pipe lines up perfectly with the rest of the turbo/intercooler piping and the included rubber couplers fit like a glove. If there wasn't a huge bully dog emblem the kit would look factory. So hopefully Ford won't give me any hassles if I have to take it in for warranty repairs.

f150-ecoboost-bullydog-intake4.jpg

f150-ecoboost-bullydog-intake5.jpg

After the install I reconnected the battery and the truck fired right up. A quick drive around the block instantly you can hear that the intake is a little bit louder then factory (not much actually, I was expecting more) and feels a little more responsive. I'll try to get some sound clips posted this week along with some mpg data. All in all I'm happy with the intake and can't wait for the next mod :)

Reactions: reider03

·
Registered
860 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
And the build continues! I've added a set of boost bars to give the front end a more finished look and help protect the intercooler.

This lower grille is awesome! It matches the factory FX4 grille perfectly. Installation was a breeze! There is no drilling, cutting, etc. Just snaps right into the existing holes. Thanks Reid for making a great product!

image-873523104.jpg

image-849219250.jpg

More information can be found here: http://www.f150ecoboost.net/forum/32-boost-bars/1014-intercooler-cover-boost-bars-here.html

Reactions: reider03
1 - 20 of 61 Posts