F150 Ecoboost Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to replace my bumper on a 2013 EcoBoost FX4. I barely scraped a 3 inch tree and it caused $2800 worth of damage to my front passenger bumper, headlight, etc. I want to replace it with something that will inflict damage rather than take it.

Any ideas - websites???

·
Registered
537 Posts
I would just jump on Craigslist and fine a new take off to replace the damaged bumper with. I know a lot of folks like the big Top Gun, Ranch hand style bumpers, but I'm not a believer of hanging that extra weight over the front of the suspension for no true reason. And to be honest those big beefy looking bumpers are not as strong as they look and bund and buckle much easier than expected. They could also come back to be a liability issue if you are in an accident and it could be proven that due to the replacement bumper personal injury could have been avoided had you not installed it. The automotive industry is under strict government guidelines to build a vehicle that folds and compresses in a collision to limit injury to passengers and drivers, by changing the bumper design you also change that function of the vehicle to conform under duress.

·
Registered
577 Posts
I put fab four bumpers on my truck.. They are the thickest steel on the market.. And i think they look the best. Front one it's a lil heavy around 200 pounds but it will def do some damage to whatever you hit lol

2012 F150 EcoBoost Lariat

·
Registered
181 Posts
Aside Fab Four, I know that Ranch Hand offers replacement steel bumpers for our Ecoboost. Their summit bumper looks good. imho.

·
Registered
577 Posts
Aside Fab Four, I know that Ranch Hand offers replacement steel bumpers for our Ecoboost. Their summit bumper looks good. imho.
There is a few different companies make bumpers for or trucks. I don't like Howe far out the ranch hand sticks out in front of the truck. They are pretty heavy duty though

2012 F150 EcoBoost Lariat

·
Registered
53 Posts
The road armour one looks really nice and they say it is ecoboost friendly but from what 2 members on another form have said they have major problems with their ecoboost overheating.

·
Registered
37 Posts
The road armour one looks really nice and they say it is ecoboost friendly but from what 2 members on another form have said they have major problems with their ecoboost overheating.
I have a Ranchhand Bullnose summit replacement bumper on my 2012 ecoboost fx4. My truck has never had sny problems and I have just now hit 40k miles. Preformance and toughness is outstanding. I will try to attach the pics but if I cant just check out my profile.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts