F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
868 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what are some opinions on what looks best on these trucks and is functional.
i like the looks of a nerf bar but they offer little protection from stones coming outta the tires.
im not a big fan of the mudflap idea and that doesnt help the wife getting into the truck
i am leaning toward a contoured step similar to the older style Lund steps

comments and ideas needed !

·
Registered
143 Posts
I just ordered the new digitalfit mudflaps from weathertech - they are supposed to go on with not screws - lifetime guarantee I will keep you posted - they are supposed to be here Thursday. As far as the bars, I recommend from past experience you get a chrome bar with the rubber inserts. The solid rubber steps seem to "peel" after awhile. Just my 2 cents.

·
Registered
868 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i just got a set of GoRhino stainless tube steps and some mud flaps to protect the ends of the body a little bit
i dont think the combo will look bad at all but its too dang hot right now to try and get them put on

·
Registered
75 Posts
I added the AMP Research steps. They are more useful in getting in and out of the truck and they retract when not in use so they add to the looks of the truck.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I just ordered the new digitalfit mudflaps from weathertech - they are supposed to go on with not screws - lifetime guarantee I will keep you posted - they are supposed to be here Thursday. As far as the bars, I recommend from past experience you get a chrome bar with the rubber inserts. The solid rubber steps seem to "peel" after awhile. Just my 2 cents.
Subscribed. Curious to see/hear how these fit and perform.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Just installed a set of DuraFlaps. I'll try to take pictures soon. Had to run in before a thunder storm...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
About this Discussion
9 Replies
5 Participants
brian351w
F150 Ecoboost Forum
F150Ecoboost.net is the best Ford F150 Ecoboost Forum with discussions on 2011+ F150 Ecoboost Trucks. Discuss performance mods, towing questions, wheels, tires, lift kits, and much more!
Full Forum Listing