F150 Ecoboost Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
864 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what are some opinions on what looks best on these trucks and is functional.
i like the looks of a nerf bar but they offer little protection from stones coming outta the tires.
im not a big fan of the mudflap idea and that doesnt help the wife getting into the truck
i am leaning toward a contoured step similar to the older style Lund steps

comments and ideas needed !

·
Registered
143 Posts
I just ordered the new digitalfit mudflaps from weathertech - they are supposed to go on with not screws - lifetime guarantee I will keep you posted - they are supposed to be here Thursday. As far as the bars, I recommend from past experience you get a chrome bar with the rubber inserts. The solid rubber steps seem to "peel" after awhile. Just my 2 cents.

·
Registered
864 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i just got a set of GoRhino stainless tube steps and some mud flaps to protect the ends of the body a little bit
i dont think the combo will look bad at all but its too dang hot right now to try and get them put on

·
Registered
9 Posts
I just ordered the new digitalfit mudflaps from weathertech - they are supposed to go on with not screws - lifetime guarantee I will keep you posted - they are supposed to be here Thursday. As far as the bars, I recommend from past experience you get a chrome bar with the rubber inserts. The solid rubber steps seem to "peel" after awhile. Just my 2 cents.
Subscribed. Curious to see/hear how these fit and perform.

·
Registered
864 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
The heat has been ridiculous here for 2 weeks but here is a pic of things so far in the transformation i still need to find time to finish the decals and mudflaps

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Tire Automotive tire

·
Registered
9 Posts
Just installed a set of DuraFlaps. I'll try to take pictures soon. Had to run in before a thunder storm...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.