F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone upgraded the factory speakers in their truck yet? It sounds like you can't get enough treble in the sound to make it clearer. If they have been changed has it helped? I'm just looking for a little crisper sound! Thanks Guys.

·
Vendor
897 Posts
I have to jump in on this one. I added Kicker KS Door speakers front and rear and it makes a huge difference. We did an install video but sound quality cant really be shown over you tube. It 200.00 total and takes about an hour.

[h=1]2004-2014 F150 Kicker KS68 6x8 Door Speaker Upgrade Kit - CrewCab & SuperCab[/h]
kickersubsamplifierfordf-15008.jpg KickerDoorSpeakerUpgradeKitInstallF-150CrewcabSupercab38.jpg

I know some others on this forum have purchased this kit as well, maybe they will let you know what they think as well.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I kept the original head unit and simply just replaced the speakers. I wasn't impressed at all. There was a very small difference. I spent about $200 total for the speakers and the install. The store cautioned me and said if I really want a noticeable difference then I need to installed an amp...

I bought a set of Kenwood speakers.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
KC I don't have the Sony....My wifes Edge does and oh my God is it great! I saw the install on the Kicker speakers.... Well I'll ponder this one a bit. Thanks Guy's

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Bill I'll keep the Kickers in mind...You have alot of other goodies I have my eye's on. A new CAI is on the tope of the list!

·
Registered
3 Posts
I just ordered four of the Infinity 8602's last week online. I should get them today or tomorrow. I got them for 200 bucks with the Ford wiring kit and a door panel trim removal tool and free shipping. Might put in a Sub-woofer and Amp later but will see how this sounds first.
The Kicker's are a good choice too.

I have a 2011 XLT Supercrew I just bought used one month ago. The stock sound system seems lacking depth and clairity the highs seem horrible. I'm hoping these new speakers make a big difference. We'll see this week!

·
Vendor
897 Posts
Bill I'll keep the Kickers in mind...You have alot of other goodies I have my eye's on. A new CAI is on the tope of the list!
Let me know, Ill make sure you get the best price on whatever it is you go with.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Frog... I've had mine a little over a month myself. I have to say I really like it. Let me know if the speakers make a change, your description of the stock sound is right on!

·
Registered
3 Posts
I got the Infinity 8602's installed the other day, big difference in sound over the factory set up. They have a lot more punch with same volume and much deeper, clearer sound across the range.
Very happy so far, I have taken several trips around the block toying with the tone set up.

Install was pretty easy, it helps to have two people to manuever the door panels, mostly for replacement. My buddy helping me had done some car stereo speakers before so it was nice to have him showing me where to pry etc. The only speciality tools required was 5.5mm socket for the screws on the speakers. It took us about 1 hour to get all 4 speakers intalled.

The people at Crutchfield were very helpful, I got the Ford adaptor wires so everything was plug and play. I might do a Sub-Woofer next but waiting to get more seat time with my current set up.

Over and out

·
Registered
519 Posts
I got the Infinity 8602's installed the other day, big difference in sound over the factory set up. They have a lot more punch with same volume and much deeper, clearer sound across the range.
Very happy so far, I have taken several trips around the block toying with the tone set up.

Install was pretty easy, it helps to have two people to manuever the door panels, mostly for replacement. My buddy helping me had done some car stereo speakers before so it was nice to have him showing me where to pry etc. The only speciality tools required was 5.5mm socket for the screws on the speakers. It took us about 1 hour to get all 4 speakers intalled.

The people at Crutchfield were very helpful, I got the Ford adaptor wires so everything was plug and play. I might do a Sub-Woofer next but waiting to get more seat time with my current set up.

Over and out
Did you have to modify the speaker hole in the door in any way to mount the 8602cfx's?

Crutchfield's web site indicates a 5x7 or 6x8 speaker size fit the front and rear, while a 5 1/4" will fit the rears alone. Call me skeptical on the fitment. I've purchased many Infinity speakers from Crutchfield in the past. The last pair for the rear of my Silverado needed to have adapter mounting plates fabricated. Of which I did, but wasn't expecting as the Crutchfield web site said, "fits".

IMG_1002s.JPG

Thanks for any feedback.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
About this Discussion
12 Replies
7 Participants
joemac
F150 Ecoboost Forum
F150Ecoboost.net is the best Ford F150 Ecoboost Forum with discussions on 2011+ F150 Ecoboost Trucks. Discuss performance mods, towing questions, wheels, tires, lift kits, and much more!
Full Forum Listing