F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone fairly new to the forum. Currently have the stock subwoofer in the back because i haven't had time yet to replace it. trucks only 4 months old. I sell JL Audio equipment and know how well they're product is and am still interested in other subwoofers that run well with certain systems. I want to put (2) 12s under the rear seat. I'll figure out a place to mount the amp thats not a problem but i love having some boom in the truck, especially when i start competing in the auto shows. Any ideas for boxes and or box/ sub combo? just looking for ideas and maybe a direction to look to. I currently have a friend of mine at a audio shop price me out at 1900 for full custom fiberglass box, two 12s, and amp/ wiring etc installed so idk if i can find something cheaper, like significantly cheaper, that i can do on my own, or should i just pull the trigger and get it done through a friend. thanks.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Are you planning on lifting the rear seat? If you dont you're going to have a hell of a time fitting a real (non-shallow) 12. I cant tell from your pic, is your truck a Screw? If so, the fox acoustics box and a pair of sundown E-10s or SD-2 10s would do well for you

·
Registered
9,641 Posts
Hello everyone fairly new to the forum. Currently have the stock subwoofer in the back because i haven't had time yet to replace it. trucks only 4 months old. I sell JL Audio equipment and know how well they're product is and am still interested in other subwoofers that run well with certain systems. I want to put (2) 12s under the rear seat. I'll figure out a place to mount the amp thats not a problem but i love having some boom in the truck, especially when i start competing in the auto shows. Any ideas for boxes and or box/ sub combo? just looking for ideas and maybe a direction to look to. I currently have a friend of mine at a audio shop price me out at 1900 for full custom fiberglass box, two 12s, and amp/ wiring etc installed so idk if i can find something cheaper, like significantly cheaper, that i can do on my own, or should i just pull the trigger and get it done through a friend. thanks.
If you sell JL, buy it at your dealer cost, then install yourself, or hire an installer after hours for some pizza/beer....
That's your cheapest route.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Are you planning on lifting the rear seat? If you dont you're going to have a hell of a time fitting a real (non-shallow) 12. I cant tell from your pic, is your truck a Screw? If so, the fox acoustics box and a pair of sundown E-10s or SD-2 10s would do well for you
its a crew cab and i wanna keep it as stock looking as possible

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If you sell JL, buy it at your dealer cost, then install yourself, or hire an installer after hours for some pizza/beer....
That's your cheapest route.
Im not the best box builder. i just actually bought the subs ill keep you all up to date on the build. Gunna run two 12in shallow JLs with two 500watt amps

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just got the truck back friday but had to be in Miami all weekend. After looking at all my options and the airspace i had to work with i ended up going with Alpine type R t12s... wasn't too happy not being able to put JL in, especially how expensive these subs were but fellow who did all the work told me that with the airspace we are working with under the seat in these new trucks its just so hard to find a sub that can work. But man all i have to say is WOW. They hit so hard and rattle the crap outta my truck. couldn't believe how amazing such a shallow subwoofer could hit. I will post pics of the project later once i clean out my truck. The box looks great too and somewhat factory. Now just time for the FOCAL components up front and rear! BTW made it all work fine with the stock head unit and navi.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Dumb question....can you replace the factory sub with an aftermarket and make it sound better off of the original head unit and amp? Thanks

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Update on the system. Blew both 12s within a month LOL. I sure like to pound apparently, was all installed professionally buy an authorized dealer. Custom made box with the right amount of airspace. They are going to be getting replaced hopefully this week but they sure do slam for shallow mounts!

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yes you can. Just run a separate amp for the sub and your good. U can still keep the stock head unit. Im still using my sony in dash unit cause i do not wanna get rid of it

1 - 12 of 12 Posts