F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Probably a dumb question, I searched but didn't find anything..

I have the chrome 18" fan blade/wheel cover looking wheels on my '12. I've been eye balling a ProComp 3"/1.5" level/lift (front and rear). I know I want bigger tires (still haven't decided between MT or AT) but I'm feeling "cheap" and don't want to buy new wheels. So..What is the widest tire I can safely go with on stock 18's? I assume 305 is out. Could I squeeze a 295? I'm thinking a 295/65 or a 295/70.

What are y'all's experience?

Also, on the MT/AT dilemma; I'm off road A LOT. Visiting job sites, fishing (surf fishing primarily), waterfowl hunting (think muddy fields and trails) and west Texas deer hunting.. I know I should go with an MT (I like the Toyo's) but I'm concerned about the noise. I spend a ton of time on the highway and Im almost always on the phone or have a customer in the truck with me. How bad would a 295/285 MT be? One of my favorite things about our trucks is how quite they are, I know MTs are going to create more noise but is it like thorn-burg or super swapper noise??

Thanks!
-Kevin

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
A nice set of AT's should be fine. Section width you go with depends on the height, I went with 34.2in tall w/ 11.5 section. No rubbing at all. 35's @ 12.5 are hit/miss and may require some trimming, esp if off-roading. On another note, I've done all kind of off-roading in my jeep with AT's no problem, just let some air out if you want more traction.

Reactions: Raiderfan1890

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
You should look at a set of dura tracs, I have AT on mine but they seem to be a crossover of sorts of both AT/MT.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Just put on nitto 295/70/18 with 2.5 level today on my 2012
dang what a difference

Attachments

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just put on nitto 295/70/18 with 2.5 level today on my 2012 dang what a difference
Thank you so much for posting that picture! That helps a ton!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts