F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wondering if anyone out there has had similar things happen. Purchased a 2011 Ecoboost F150 as Ex Demo a couple months back with only 1200kms on, this is my first ever F150 , I never heard noise when I test drove the truck but ever since more so in the wet weather or cold, each time I ease of the gas pedal it makes a noise best described as "ugghh", this is not the waste gate noise of air that you hear on them on accelaration either. The sound has also increased in length not just a short noise.The Ford dealer had the truck in to do some tests on it after contacting Ford engineers but this did not help and they are kind of at a loss, I need the truck through winter due to experience in a very bad accident so the truck wont go back in till Spring, however the noise is annoying and is only when i ease off gas. The truck only has 5000kms on it now and runs fine other than this. Any thoughts

·
Registered
21 Posts
From what I hear, this is normal with all Ecoboost F150s. Mine does it, too, and when I talked to my salesman and others at the dealer I purchased ours from, they said it was a normal noise. The noise I am referring to is like an extra whoosh of air coming from the ventilation system. It seems to do it when you let off the gas pedal and is most noticeable at low speeds. Probably something to do with the turbos. Not too concerned, myself, because it has 3 years of warranty, and if no damage is done by then, I believe it will not be a problem.

·
Registered
589 Posts
Wondering if anyone out there has had similar things happen. Purchased a 2011 Ecoboost F150 as Ex Demo a couple months back with only 1200kms on, this is my first ever F150 , I never heard noise when I test drove the truck but ever since more so in the wet weather or cold, each time I ease of the gas pedal it makes a noise best described as "ugghh", this is not the waste gate noise of air that you hear on them on accelaration either. The sound has also increased in length not just a short noise.The Ford dealer had the truck in to do some tests on it after contacting Ford engineers but this did not help and they are kind of at a loss, I need the truck through winter due to experience in a very bad accident so the truck wont go back in till Spring, however the noise is annoying and is only when i ease off gas. The truck only has 5000kms on it now and runs fine other than this. Any thoughts
Holly,

Is your vehicle 4wd?

·
Registered
47 Posts
If I understand your description correctly, mine does that "uggh" sound too...every time I ease off the gas and it shifts gears. I, too, have a 2011 F-150, with about 25K miles on it. I've been wondering whether to mention it at the next service.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sounds like you have the similar noise . It definitely is not the normal waste hate whoosh noise that is normal we can hear that it is more of a ugh sound which with mine seems to get worse on wet and cold and I find between 70-90 kmph when coming of gas. No idea where it's coming from the ford dealers are baffled as its not the normal whoosh noise totally different part of vehicle making that noise. If I find out what it is when it goes back in ill post to you won't be till spring as I want the truck through winter, if you'd do likewise that would be great. Thanks for posting

·
Registered
216 Posts
It is the Blow Off Valve or recirculation valve. It releases pressure from the turbo charge piping when the throttle body closes and releases it into the intake piping in front of the turbos.

this is my toy you can hear it as a more pronounced "whoosh" because it is open to the atmosphere and a whole lot more air escaping.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hey Jared. Thanks for the video, however it isnt an air sound as I know they make that sound with the waste gates. It gets louder at times, and is when im sat at certain point 70-80kmph sounds like something on gas pedal, and then with the uuugh sound when coming off gas, worse in cold and wet, but defo not the air noise

·
Registered
589 Posts
Holly- Did you ever figure out what was making the noise on the truck?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Holly- Did you ever figure out what was making the noise on the truck?
Hi I'm having this same issue. It also started after a bad front end accident. It sounds like the noise you would make if you were to warm your hands up by blowing into them "ughhh" I notice some times it goes away like something is sticking some times and letting out air before it hits the turbo to create power. I notice that when I hear it I don't have as much acceleration unlike when I hear the normal whistle of the turbo I have alittle more pickup than when I hear the "ugh" sound. Does anyone know what's causing this noise?

thanks
justin

·
Registered
6,628 Posts
Waste gates don't really make noise. Blow of Valves do however.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
About this Discussion
11 Replies
8 Participants
curtis249
F150 Ecoboost Forum
F150Ecoboost.net is the best Ford F150 Ecoboost Forum with discussions on 2011+ F150 Ecoboost Trucks. Discuss performance mods, towing questions, wheels, tires, lift kits, and much more!
Full Forum Listing