F150 Ecoboost Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello everyone. First post here. I also have a 2013 EB. I have seen a lot of post of ticking from the engine compartment and the general opinion is that it is the direct injection. This is the first thread I have found even close to my problem. I have a noise coming from the passenger side floor board a cruising speed. It is very faint and the dealer says it is air coming through my vents. Dealer BS. Like I said it is very faint so under hard acceleration I don't hear it. It almost sounds like a break pad rubbing or a old mechanical tach cable. A very metallic sound. I can't think it is anything bad as the truck is driving and running great. Its just one of those things that every now and then I turn the radio down to see inf it is still there. The truck is 4wd and has 1500 miles on it. I started noticing it around 700. I have since tried switching to a higher octain fuel but no change. I have now done a leveling kit and tires and wheels and no change. My front end shop gave everything a good looking over and found nothing. Any ideas?

·
Registered
2 Posts
The sound has been there pre all aftermarket parts. It is defiantly not the turbos. I am a truck driver so I am defiantly use to turbo noise. This almost sounds like a brake dragging or a rock caught between the rotor and the caliper. However I have inspected the whole area and found nothing. It does not change with engine speed. I can put the truck in to neutral or down shift it and it stays the same. I doesn't even really change with chassis speed either except to say that it comes in at about 35 mph and above.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.