F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got this strange noise that developed about 2 months ago. It's only done it 3 or 4 times since then, and every time it's done it's been when I've come to a stop somewhere. It almost sounds like something rubbing on a fan, kind of a buzzing noise. But it's not the fans cuz they weren't running, I stuck my fingers in there and checked. Not extremely loud but annoying. The first couple times it quit as soon as I was getting out of the truck to check it out. This time it did it for 4 or 5 minutes so I was able to get a recording. It's coming from what sounds like in front of the engine, kinda in the middle/driver sideish. If I grab the tyranny cooler I can feel it the most. I'm lost. It's definitely not coming from the engine. Vacuum pump maybe?

It's kinda hard to hear in my video but if u listen close you'll hear this buzzing, a fan rubbing something kinda noise. Any ideas?

·
Registered
44 Posts
I have the same problem! It doesn't do it all the time but when it do it's when I'm on a incline and I put the truck in park.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Oh really? Speaking of transmissions, I also have a hesitation on take off. I brought this up to my dealer and they said it sounds like it could be a transmission problem. I have an appointment on the 22nd. Are you also having hesitation on take off?

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No I don't have any hesitations. Mine shifts perfect in and out of every gear and on take off. Just has had a stupid buzzing a couple times.

·
Registered
873 Posts
Oh really? Speaking of transmissions, I also have a hesitation on take off. I brought this up to my dealer and they said it sounds like it could be a transmission problem. I have an appointment on the 22nd. Are you also having hesitation on take off?
I have a hesitation from time to time. If you roll through a stop and gas it you get nothing. I also have a surge in the morning. Startup put in reverse and no real movement, give it gas and it's like someone stepped in the pedal to the floor shooting the truck backwards. Haven't had time to take it in yet along with the many other things wrong with the truck

. Stupid dealer, covert hutto, tried to tell me it was due to the truck being drive by wire and I must have not owned a drive by wire vehicle in the past.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
No I don't have any hesitations. Mine shifts perfect in and out of every gear and on take off. Just has had a stupid buzzing a couple times.
I have a hesitation from time to time. If you roll through a stop and gas it you get nothing. I also have a surge in the morning. Startup put in reverse and no real movement, give it gas and it's like someone stepped in the pedal to the floor shooting the truck backwards. Haven't had time to take it in yet along with the many other things wrong with the truck

. Stupid dealer, covert hutto, tried to tell me it was due to the truck being drive by wire and I must have not owned a drive by wire vehicle in the past.
Hey NFLD, Rock krusher, and spyder982,

I'll gladly look into this for you. To do so, all I'll need is for you to PM your name, VIN, mileage, dealer, best daytime phone number, and some more details on the issues you're experiencing.

Nick

·
Registered
44 Posts
I have a hesitation from time to time. If you roll through a stop and gas it you get nothing. I also have a surge in the morning. Startup put in reverse and no real movement, give it gas and it's like someone stepped in the pedal to the floor shooting the truck backwards. Haven't had time to take it in yet along with the many other things wrong with the truck . Stupid dealer, covert hutto, tried to tell me it was due to the truck being drive by wire and I must have not owned a drive by wire vehicle in the past.
Yeah they'll pretty much tell you anything lol. Same thing happens to me on a roll through stop. My dealership said it was a transmission problem. Got an appointment on the 22nd. I'll keep you all posted!

·
Registered
873 Posts
Hey NFLD, Rock krusher, and spyder982, I'll gladly look into this for you. To do so, all I'll need is for you to PM your name, VIN, mileage, dealer, best daytime phone number, and some more details on the issues you're experiencing. Nick
Will do once I find a dealer that won't lie to me or steal my money.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Had my tuck in the garage today to check on the hesitation. They hooked it up to the diagnostics and found that my PCM needed to be upgraded. Seems to running a lot sharper! Oh and I don't have a clue what PCM stands for and the guy at the service desk didn't know either.

·
Registered
608 Posts
Had my tuck in the garage today to check on the hesitation. They hooked it up to the diagnostics and found that my PCM needed to be upgraded. Seems to running a lot sharper! Oh and I don't have a clue what PCM stands for and the guy at the service desk didn't know either.
Powertrain Control Module.

·
Registered
9,641 Posts
Powertrain Control Module

1 - 17 of 17 Posts