F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a new F150 Ecoboost (2013) and have been driving it for one week. I have been noticing a slight taste in my mouth, almost like a numbing feeling/taste especially when the AC is on. My son also noticed a strange taste, maybe metalic. Also, I seem to be getting a slight headache while driving, which goes away soon after getting out of the vehicle. Has anyone noticed anything similar to this?

I googled this topic and found possible reasons might be related to carbon monoxide, or possibly radiator fluid. The taste is almost more like a numbing feeling in the mouth, it is very slight, but becoming more and more noticeable. I have never experienced anything like this before and I have owned many different types of vehicles. Please let me know what you think. Thanks!

·
Registered
873 Posts
Never heard of this. Have had a heater core leak trough the vents in several vehicles without those reactions. Is cross off coolants.

Do you have a change if you put it on recirculate, off, vent vs ac?

May just be the air burning cause these trucks are so damn fast! Didn't you see in the manual a fighter pilot suit may be required ?

·
Registered
32 Posts
If it's the coolant it will smell like burning sugar, brown sugar smell. It doesn't usually leave a metallic taste in your mouth.

·
Registered
9,641 Posts
You may have sensitivity to one/some of the voc's that are off gassing...

·
Registered
608 Posts
Not sure if serious...

Sent while enjoying a Pabst

·
Registered
4 Posts
I just received F150 2014 from the assembly line in Detroit the interior smell like suck weed its starting to go away now after 6 weeks

·
Registered
2,595 Posts
It's the taste of sweet, sweet victory!

Trololollololl

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the responses. The taste is still present, but either getting weaker or I am getting more used to it. Now, I keep getting an service engine light that goes off if I restart the truck. I don't even have 2,000 miles on it yet, I don't know if this is somehow related to the smell/taste. Of course, the dealership just tells me to bring it in at my convenience. Well, it's over an hour drive and I would have to take off of work to do so, so not very convenient at all. This is why I buy new vehicles, so I don't have to bring it in to the shop.

·
Registered
9,641 Posts
Thanks for the responses. The taste is still present, but either getting weaker or I am getting more used to it. Now, I keep getting an service engine light that goes off if I restart the truck. I don't even have 2,000 miles on it yet, I don't know if this is somehow related to the smell/taste. Of course, the dealership just tells me to bring it in at my convenience. Well, it's over an hour drive and I would have to take off of work to do so, so not very convenient at all. This is why I buy new vehicles, so I don't have to bring it in to the shop.
Get it scanned at auto zone...

·
Registered
99 Posts
Take it to the dealer. Sounds like you have an AC leak. even if you don't why in the name of god would you drive a car that is giving you medical side affects.

·
Premium Member
2,427 Posts
Agreed with tech. I knew some people in high school that were geniuses... They used to inhale freon for fun.

·
Registered
2,196 Posts
Take it to the dealer. Sounds like you have an AC leak. even if you don't why in the name of god would you drive a car that is giving you medical side affects.
Guy must have died. Been 2 years since he posted this. Troll should have taken your advice.

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
it's commiefornia eating away at you

you may have a druggy user before you.

·
Registered
734 Posts
I take it you've lived in Tacoma then? I've lived in California. Never again.
I've been to Tacoma dozens of times for work and to visit friends. I can't wait to leave California, but I wouldn't move anywhere on the West Coast and expect it to be dramatically different.

·
Registered
7,395 Posts
I've been to Tacoma dozens of times for work and to visit friends. I can't wait to leave California, but I wouldn't move anywhere on the West Coast and expect it to be dramatically different.
Southern Oregon. ******* central.

Reactions: Stagger Lee
1 - 20 of 35 Posts