F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
9,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So this is what the "man step" tailgate looks like with the pole removed. I ordered the tailgate access cover to cover up the holes and get the tailgate rhino lined to match the rest of the bed. IMG_0350.JPG

·
Registered
329 Posts
Why didn't you keep it?

·
Registered
394 Posts

·
Registered
9,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It's completely useless, I hated the plastic, and I don't know any strippers... Lol

Reactions: Hunter73

·
Registered
9,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Got the cover on, and the bed lining done. It looks great! This is much better than the pole. I'll post some pics tomorrow.

·
Registered
112 Posts
It is great all the different opinions we get on all the different subjects that affect us personally, here is another one, wait till you are in your fifties and you crall around on your knees all day long at work, and for years had a camper shell on your truck and everytime you needed to get into the bed of your truck you had to get back on your knees again,,,, that pole and tailgate step in my opinion is the next best item ford put on that truck next to the ECOBOOST MOTOR!!!!!
2013 SUPER CAB LARIAT, BLUE JEAN METALLIC, 355, LETS GO FISHING!!!

Reactions: Hunter73

·
Premium Member
2,427 Posts
I love my stripper pole...

ive never used it, I'll never use it, nobody will ever use it, I'll make fun of any of my friends who do use it, I'll check my surroundings before I ever use it(if I do), and last but not least, if I did use it.. I'd act like I've never used it!!!

·
Registered
112 Posts
ya,,, I never use mine either,,, where is my wrench!!!

·
Registered
943 Posts
Well this verticaly challenged, moderately obese, old guy uses his "stripper pole" every time he gets up in the bed of his truck. Don't know what I would do without it. I use to carry a three step ladder in my F-350 to get up in the truck.

·
Registered
943 Posts
Oh ya, the tailgate step also make a good place to sit and rest.

·
Registered
9,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Lol, I use the step, the pole is the useless part. Unless, you're old and still rock the camper shell like it's the 80's. I'd rather slam my truck than ever be seen using that pole.

·
Registered
943 Posts
Lol, I use the step, the pole is the useless part. Unless, you're old and still rock the camper shell like it's the 80's. I'd rather slam my truck than ever be seen using that pole.
I am old and hope you will get to be the same. You will mature and find out that "stripper pole" is great safety device.

·
Registered
9,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Lol, I'm just poking a little fun, because I'm not to that point yet. By the time I get there I definitely won't have this truck anymore anyway.

·
Registered
943 Posts
Don't throw the pole away. You never know when you might find a friend ("lady") that will show you how to use it.:eek:

·
Registered
9,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I took it off, because I'm scared a drunk guy is going to try and show us all how to use it during mardi gras. Lol

·
Registered
943 Posts
Mardi Gras wiil be over by the time we are in Louisiana. We plan to be in Rayne for the Louisiana State Square Dance Convention Maech 28 & 29. We danced in Hammond last year.

·
Registered
9,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I go to rayne to get cheap wheels/tires from the 4x4 shop out there. Nice ride from where I'm at.

·
Registered
9,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Well here's how she looks now. It's a huge improvement over the pole, and i retained full functionality of the step. IMG_0379.JPG IMG_0380.JPG

·
Registered
68 Posts
Looks great

1 - 20 of 26 Posts