F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am getting together my bass. I just bought a box (FTB1X12) from hifisound connection, I am going to buy a CERWIN VEGA SMAX122 sub, company that with the FOZGATE 250 I have at home She should sound pretty good.
The box fits great under the back seat. The next time I fly home Ill bring my amp back and get to installing the package. I will keep the project updated.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I do have a question for you all. Have you seen an adapter I can by to tap into the radio power and acc switch on it? I want to run my wires for my amp that I will mount behind the back seats, Thanks to the video of the rear seats folding down.

·
Registered
374 Posts
I do have a question for you all. Have you seen an adapter I can by to tap into the radio power and acc switch on it? I want to run my wires for my amp that I will mount behind the back seats, Thanks to the video of the rear seats folding down.
You can use this (PAC AOEM-FRD24 ) which is about $33 online. It will give you the amp turn on and any other wires you may want to tap into. It also will give you 2 sets of RCA's for front and rear and the best part is there are no wires to be cut at all. It has two plugs and goes in between your current radio plug and then it plugs into your radio. I have it and it was easiest installation I have ever done and there is good sound quality

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks PLASMAN, I did find a few items like that. I think I was looking at this one. I always like to know for sure when ordering online. I will order this one.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ordered this (PAC AOEM-FRD24) yesterday, Fly home this weekend and will bring my amp back. And have to order my sub. I will install everything in the meantime. Sub arrives wire and screw in. BOOOOMMM

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Update; I did everything yesterday. And WOW!!!! huge bass for one 12" sub. I am happy.
But on an install note, the PAC AOEM-FRD24 does not work for the 13'. I ended up having to use the module I had in my other truck. You tap the rear speaker wires and it has RCA out puts. I also added a frequency control knob to adjust the gain at the dash vs at the amp. Its really nice to be able to easily do it while driving vs not. Over all it took longer than I wanted but I am very please with how it came out. No wires visable except at the amp.

ordered this (PAC AOEM-FRD24) yesterday, Fly home this weekend and will bring my amp back. And have to order my sub. I will install everything in the meantime. Sub arrives wire and screw in. BOOOOMMM

1 - 8 of 8 Posts