F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
Are those tabs on the second bar up? I know that some have used the inter-cooler opening up here in AK with no issues...but being in TX...don't think I'd want to block that space. You could cut out some of the expanded metal between the diagonal supports towards the bottom and install a short one.

Love the bumper. I am trying to decide on the one I want. I know that Ranch Hand powder coats. I'm tossing up the Ranch Hand -vs- Ali Arc -vs- Tough Country. Too many choices!

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It doesn't have tabs but I like the idea of cutting out some mesh. I can also weld some tabs. I agree with leaving the air flow open to the inter cooler. This is the third truck I've had a Ranch Hand Grill Guard on and I absolutely have nothing bad to say about them. Very heavy duty and never had any rust. Thanks!

·
Registered
2,595 Posts
I would try mounting a 20" or 30" bar in the second slot up. It'd fill in pretty good!

Off topic but I gotta ask.....

How do you like those duratracs? Do you tow with them?

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I would try mounting a 20" or 30" bar in the second slot up. It'd fill in pretty good! Off topic but I gotta ask..... How do you like those duratracs? Do you tow with them?[

Thanks! I love the Duratracs. We have some snow already thus winter and they performed great. Also had a lot of ice and they performed as well as can be expected on black ice. I've most frequently used them in mud and they have been flawless. I'm not going going to lie, I have been stuck, but that can be usually attributed to driver error! I don't tow with mine but my son has the Duratracs and to make money in college he has a mobile car wash. So basically for 8-9 months of the years he hauls a trailer with a 350 gallon water tank, and all the other crap he uses on the trailer. He has not had any problems. He has about 35,000 miles on his and they are as good as new. And believe me he drives it like he stole it!!!

·
Registered
9,641 Posts
I slapped a 20" in my intercooler gap with no rise in IAT's, but I think a 20" on the 2nd bar with two d2's hanging upside down from the tabs would look sick.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts