F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good evening, ive owned a ‘13 screw ecoboost for about a month & im ready for an aftermarket exhaust. Intially i was going to go with a mbrp 3” system, i liked the sound clips but i havent heard it in person. I really like the sound of the borla touring and had the thought of getting their muffler and having a mandrel bent one made. But then i heard the new raptor ecoboost and loved the sound. Sporty, mildly throaty but not over the top in noise level and drone. So im at a crossroads of what to get. Any way to snag a deal on a raptor muffler? Or should i go for one of my previous choices? Im trying to stay on a budget on this one & id like a more subtle exhaust so i dont wake my kids up when i leave in the morning. Thanks in advance! -Harness

·
Registered
3,920 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the info, that's a bit more than i wanted to spend, any thoughts on what exhaust / muffler would add a mild throaty sound and not break the bank? I to want to steer clear of those who make the ecoboost sound like a ricer burner.

·
Registered
925 Posts
Just about any exhaust on the eb will make it sound like a ricer IMO. Full Race is probably your best bet.
FIFY

I thoroughly enjoy my exhaust note coming from catless downpipes to a Magnaflow 12579. Full 3” exhaust from the turbos back for $500, you can’t beat that deal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
FIFY

I thoroughly enjoy my exhaust note coming from catless downpipes to a Magnaflow 12579. Full 3” exhaust from the turbos back for $500, you can’t beat that deal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
thanks, its funny you brought that up, i spoke to local shop today and they suggested the same thing.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I decided to go with a borla pro xs, resonator delete 3” from the cat and a turned down tip. Ill post a video in the next few days.

·
Premium Member
799 Posts
Damn....now we have to polish our tips tooooo!

21461_xlarge.jpg

·
Registered
84 Posts
Why is everyone going for “resonator delete” systems? There is zero power gain and a ton of drone / noise added.

I would run a 4” catback with a huge resonator. Maybe a MBRP with one of their resonators bolted in between.

So no one has attempted to bolt raptor downpipes and exhaust to a normal F150?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I kept my oem resonator, in case I get tired of the drone, so far I'm ok with it. The Pro xs has a nice sound at idle and at full throttle sounds a lot like borla's touring exhaust. Once I figure out how to upload videos I'll post a sound clip. So far for the cost I'm pretty happy with it.

·
Registered
601 Posts
Why is everyone going for “resonator delete” systems? There is zero power gain and a ton of drone / noise added.

I would run a 4” catback with a huge resonator. Maybe a MBRP with one of their resonators bolted in between.

So no one has attempted to bolt raptor downpipes and exhaust to a normal F150?
What is this drone you speak of? I have a 4 inch no resonator and a muffler the size of a coffee can. No drone at all.

·
Registered
103 Posts
I did the MBRP dual rear exit on my truck, trying to mimic the look of the Raptor exhaust, I even had my exhaust tips powder coated black. I've gotten used to the sound, the best way to describe it is that it is very close to a subaru. It's not too loud, but you definitely know it's a 6cyl. I do wish that the exhaust tips were slightly bigger. It does sound really good at idle once it has warmed up.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts