F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
At 19000 miles my stock Goodyears are significantly worn and I'm thinking no more than another 10k out of them. This is my second new ford with what I would consider sub-standard stock tires. My first new ford was an 03 focus with Pirelli and like the Goodyears on the f150 they did nothing well. I tow a 19' boat about 1/3 of my miles and may tow my friends 6k lb Grady white a few times this summer and will tow a 7k lb camper about twice a year. Im thinking e rated may be a little overkill but would like a little more than the standard load 44psi tires. Ive got a 2012 fx4 with 18" wheels and a mild allterain would be nice. I dont go off road much but when I do I would like to not get stuck in wet grass like with the Goodyears. Suggestions, experiences and tires to steer clear of are appreciated.

One I am leaning towards in the Bridgestone dualer revo e rated but like I said I dont think I need an e rated. My buddy has these on his Ram in a 35" and he seems to like them. I cant comment on the ride much on his truck because its a 2500 with a 4" lift and rides like crap anyway.

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
I have cooper AT3's, very good. Plenty of sizes to pick from that are at a reasonable price.
1558443_766490886110_1607241649_n.jpg

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
I also have E rated wrangler all-terrains on my jeep, also very good. Wear like iron.

·
Registered
868 Posts
i have general grabber AT II's on mine and love them.
they offer a couple load ranges and have a healthy wear rating as well, if i remember they even have different tread patterns available.
the pattern i have is almost identical to what we all know as the BFG all terrain

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I should add that I dont want something too agressive. I think that the big allterain tko is too agressive for what I am looking for. I think that the bottom terra graplers in the smaller sizes are not that agressive and they make a 50psi in-between load rating. However I've seen several trucks that they did not wear well on and got chopped up fairly soon.

·
Registered
943 Posts
I should add that I dont want something too agressive. I think that the big allterain tko is too agressive for what I am looking for. I think that the bottom terra graplers in the smaller sizes are not that agressive and they make a 50psi in-between load rating. However I've seen several trucks that they did not wear well on and got chopped up fairly soon.
Go with the Bridgestone Revo's. I think you will be happy with them.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts