F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2017 XLT 3.5 Blue Crew Short Bed
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My truck is a pavement princess, looking for something grippy for better handling and launches. Already have a set of cheap winters for the colder months up here.
Looking for something in 20-22 rim size. Best if it would fit on the OEM 20s but haven't really found much with the right height.

Right now its between Nitto 420V or Toyo Proxes.
Both are all-seasons, does anyone make any summer only performance truck tires?

·
Registered
5 Posts
My truck is a pavement princess, looking for something grippy for better handling and launches. Already have a set of cheap winters for the colder months up here.
Looking for something in 20-22 rim size. Best if it would fit on the OEM 20s but haven't really found much with the right height.

Right now its between Nitto 420V or Toyo Proxes.
Both are all-seasons, does anyone make any summer only performance truck tires?
Where is "up here"? You could update your profile with that info (y).

Stock OEM (GY Wrangler) are awful in the least amount of snow (ok for "good" weather I'm finding after 8 months) so I am considering dedicated snows though.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Where is "up here"? You could update your profile with that info (y).

Stock OEM (GY Wrangler) are awful in the least amount of snow (ok for "good" weather I'm finding after 8 months) so I am considering dedicated snows though.
Ontario Canada.

I picked up a set of cheap, one season old Blizzaks on steelies. Helps get me stopped when its slippery.

·
Registered
601 Posts
I'm in nova scotia and always have dedicated snow tires for winter, even if I use an all season in the summer. I don't care what people say an actual winter tire is better in the cold with ice/snow/slush

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk

Reactions: LenD

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
What do you mean by “the right height”?

There are plenty of sizes in both of those tires that will fit your truck. For example, 305/50r20 would give you the same height at stock tires (32”) and a wider tire (12”). If you want more height, they also offer 305/55r20 which is 33” tall.

I’m running 305/55r20 Nitto Ridge Grapplers on stock 20” wheels with no rubbing on the UCA and no wheel spacers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
What do you mean by “the right height”?

There are plenty of sizes in both of those tires that will fit your truck. For example, 305/50r20 would give you the same height at stock tires (32”) and a wider tire (12”). If you want more height, they also offer 305/55r20 which is 33” tall.

I’m running 305/55r20 Nitto Ridge Grapplers on stock 20” wheels with no rubbing on the UCA and no wheel spacers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Diameter is what I meant to say. There are performance tires in size 20 but end up being lower diameter than stock (32").
I'm looking for a street oriented tire, geared towards max grip on pavement.

·
Premium Member
9,053 Posts
I got some stickies on 22" Limited rims.

They look so short when I switch from my KO2's/20's, but I think they are actually close to stock diameter.

They are some kind of hancook.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

1 - 8 of 8 Posts