F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
SuperCab (145.0 wb) w/6.5 bed..... I want to get the "max tow pkg". Available??

I'm working my way thru an order for a new F150 ECB, SuperCab, 6.5 bed. I have two questions for you folks: 1) Do any of you have a 2013 w/this config. and the "max tow pkg"?? they are telling me I can't get it on a 145.0 wb. and 2)Since I tow a modest (6500lb) 5th wheel, should I get the 3.31 Elec Locker, or the 3.55 Elec Locker?? ANY suggestion is a good one.. THANKS :confused:

·
Registered
7,395 Posts
Don't quote me, but I believe max tow comes with a 3.73,

·
Registered
18 Posts
I don't own one, but the Ford website will let you build a supercab, 6.5' 145" with Max Tow. I believe you have to go with the 157" in order to get the HD payload package. I would hold out for the Max Tow, and depending on pin weight, maybe the HD payload. Yellow sticker payload of my Max Tow is 1794 lbs. I love the Dumbo mirrors, the Max Tow package comes with 7600 lb GVW rather than 7200, and the 3.73 rear-end will maximize pulling power.

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
The max tow has a 3.73, integrated brake controller, and a beefier hitch. You should be able to get the MaxTow in a scab as long as you get a 6.5 bed. Go on the Ford website and do a build your own and you will see what you can build. It will automatically guide you thru building it with the options you want. It will also tell you when you try to select an option that doesn't jive with your other selections.

SPPD

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
I don't own one, but the Ford website will let you build a supercab, 6.5' 145" with Max Tow. I believe you have to go with the 157" in order to get the HD payload package. I would hold out for the Max Tow. I love the Dumbo mirrors, the package comes with 7600 lb GVW rather than 7200, and the 3.73 rear-end will maximize pulling power.
You beat me to it. Lol

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks, folks. I didn't think I was senile (yet)... My payload should be around 1550lb. Towing 6500lb 5th wheel. So the book says I should be OK w/the Max Tow pkg. I drove the ECB and 5.0 today...liked them both. I'm going w/the ECB for more torque. We'll see. :eek:

·
Registered
24 Posts
I have the 145" wheel base with the 6.5 bed with the max tow pkg. and the 373 rear end . I love it. My trailer weights about 8200lbs and it pulls better then my 2010 5.0 did you wont be disappointed.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
About this Discussion
7 Replies
5 Participants
z-max
F150 Ecoboost Forum
F150Ecoboost.net is the best Ford F150 Ecoboost Forum with discussions on 2011+ F150 Ecoboost Trucks. Discuss performance mods, towing questions, wheels, tires, lift kits, and much more!
Full Forum Listing