F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im a newb of course and Im about to buy a 2013 EB FX4, and i was wondering if anyone has seen or heard of anyone putting a supercharger on an ecoboost. just wanting to hear some opinions on it, Thanks-DC

·
Registered
142 Posts
Welcome to the site. Lots of good folks with a wealth of knowledge. I'm sure some one will be able to answer your super charger question. Sorry, but I'm not someone.
Good luck. Would be an interesting build if you could make it work.
I could be mistaken but I think it was the Abrams A-1 tanks that had both supercharger and turbo's.

·
Registered
176 Posts
I'm not sure why a supercharger would be desired on a turbo charged engine? The turbos provide the air boost using exhaust driven "blades", and a supercharger, in my own definition, is a mechanically driven turbo... .?

·
Registered
139 Posts
Superchargers are belt driven boost devices..turbos are exhaust driven. I think we all know that part but in case not there you go. If you want to put a supercharger on top of the turbo it will be very expensive and require major customization of the parts for it all to work correctly to include a tuner who knows his stuff. If you want to remove the turbos and install a SC that would be more feasible but not smart IMO unless you just want to be different. the turbos push enough air and if your just looking for more power then mod the truck with exhaust, tune cams and a cold air induction..or can go bigger turbos. That would be more cost effecient versus putting a SC inconjuntion with the turbos

·
Premium Member
2,427 Posts
I've seen "compound" boost set ups on many different styles of cars. I've never seen compound boost done on an ecoboost. In my opinion, I think it would add HP but I wouldn't do it. Many people with larger turbo set ups will use a SC as there is no lag to build turbo boost. Nitrous is the most common method of building boost in drag applications. The EB is twin turbo and has smaller turbos... That greatly eliminates the majority of turbo lag

·
Registered
34 Posts
probably more practical to do it to a 3.7L

1 - 6 of 6 Posts