F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the superchip tuner and I'm pleased with the gains but how much better are the other companies out there?

·
Registered
932 Posts
Don't have any experience with other tunes but the 5star performance with the SCT tuner

if you take a look at allot of the videos posted maybe you can compare and get an idea

SCT tuners will allow custom tunes, not sure about superchip

Checkout the performance video, launch contest, and 0-60 threads

·
Registered
932 Posts
yeah the SCT tuner comes with canned tunes, but it allows you to purchase a custom tune

Like 5star, MPT, or SSI which would give you allot more gains

·
Registered
30 Posts
Superchips was the first tuner I had for the ecoboost. Partially because it was out early on. It was ok. Stepping up to a SCT you see bigger gains but it doesn't feature some of the items of the superchips like monitoring sensors etc unless you data log, then it surpasses the superchips.

Then you step up past the canned tune with a custom one. The difference is astounding! From getting rubber in first to getting rubber in first, second and third!!!!

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
The main reason why you want to go with a custom tune is that it is married to your vehicle. You data log it, and can see how your vehicle is reacting to the tune and also to see if any changes need to be made. You can't do that with super chips, the sct canned tunes are probably no better than the super chips. It is just better to run custom tunes that are married to your strategy code. There are 5 major brands out. SSI, MPT, 5star, Unleashed, and Livernois. Livernois uses the mycal device. I recommend sticking with the sct device. Can't go wrong with any of those. All good

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I been looking at the ssi tune seems to be really strong off the line. What custom tune do u think is the best overall for the 1/4 strip?

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Me personally I think SSI, but that's just my opinion, MPT has a great race tune, unleashed has a decent one too. Livernois is proven also. I think 5star tunes are really how the truck should come from the factory. Strong and smooth. They are all good. Good luck with ever you choose, all of them are safer than your stock tune and all of them will think you've just bought a new truck.

·
Registered
461 Posts
I owned a Superchips for my Titan. It's not a bad tuner and you do have some features such as speed limiter removal, timing changing and a few other options. But you get what they want you to have not a tune for how you setup your bolt on items, or custom tune options. It was my first tuner and for a newby I did not want to worry. When I came over to the Ford I wanted something better, more options. I went with the SCT and purchased it through 3 stage and 5* for my tunes. five star provides custom tunes and I think lifetime updates which you don't find often. I chose 87 performance, 93 performance and another, but I am running the 87 and really impressed how it works nice smooth. in the summer I plan on testing out the 93 tune..more to follow in the summer.
sorry for the long post but you asked.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts