F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 20 of 138 Posts

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
HOW TO: Fold Down Rear Seats of SuperCrew F150's (2009-2014 & 2015+)

To Fold Down a Super Crew Backseat

1. Fold up the lower portion of the seat. (This moves the seatback forward a little, to get your hand between the seat back and the truck wall)

2. With your left hand palm facing toward the back of the truck and thumb down, slide your hand between the backseat and the real wall.

3. Use your thumb to lift up on the lock lever. (See photo)

4. While holding the lock lever up, pull the rear seat lift latch to lower the bottom pad the whole seat (bottom and back) should fold down.

5. You can also use the round end of a box wrench, instead of your thumb, to lift the lever (MUCH EASIER OPTION)

Note: This is how to fold down both rear seats in the 2009-2014 models as well as the drivers side rear seat in the 2015+ models. The 2015+ F150's already have a strap installed from factory present on the passenger rear seat.

Many people finagle their own device using a keychain and paracord or some other contraption. Below are a few companies who make their own brackets with straps to assist in folding the seats down. The Built Right Industries model is the same exact thing as the Seven Sparta model, FYI.

https://www.amazon.com/Seven-Sparta-2017-2018-SuperCrew-2009-2018/dp/B07J1JZRF2/ref=sr_1_2_sspa?ie=UTF8&qid=1549739941&sr=8-2-spons&keywords=rear+seat+release&psc=1

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0732VMKHM?aaxitk=rjGLVA0i2wDLrO2hUwNlJA&pd_rd_i=B0732VMKHM&pf_rd_p=3ff6092e-8451-438b-8278-7e94064b4d42&hsa_cr_id=9981054840601&sb-ci-n=productDescription&sb-ci-v=BuiltRight Industries Rear Seat Release for Ford F-150 (2009+), F-250/350 (2017+) - The Original, Made in USA

Edited post to include a step-by-step instruction as well as a video. Also, added links to companies who make a bracket for easy seat release.

·
Registered
578 Posts
He sounds like a modern day floyd the barber on the andy griffith show!

"ah ah ah Annndy, what cha gotta do is...see! prrrety!"

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm going to be building a killer stereo system in my truck and having access to the back wall gives a great spot for mounting components that would otherwise be under seats and possibly worse places.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Thanks for the post now I can get my rear seat covers goodntight

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
She puts the lotion in the basket or she gets the hose again.

Holy creepola! That dude is strange.

Pretty cool trick though!

SPPD

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hey, Have tried to figure that one out on my 11 supcab from my first inside window clean. Thanks a bunch!

·
Registered
133 Posts
Running outside to see if this works, but first I got to say this guy is in a creepy way awesome... this guy sounds like he's one of those people you see on the show taboo making love to his truck. LMAO

·
Registered
92 Posts
Thanks boys and girls .

·
Registered
47 Posts
I knew there had to be a way to get those seat backs to fold down... Great info... Thanks :cool:

·
Registered
176 Posts
I finally found the little lever and like knowing how to do this if I ever need to. Thanks for posting the creep guys video!

1 - 20 of 138 Posts