F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

81 - 100 of 138 Posts

·
Registered
3,534 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
I was unable to open the video (video is private). I have a 2012 SuperCrew that I would like to fold down the rear seat back. I have searched but don't seem to have (or able to find) the latches that some people refer to. Can someone help me with this?
Thanks,

·
Registered
3,534 Posts
I was unable to open the video (video is private). I have a 2012 SuperCrew that I would like to fold down the rear seat back. I have searched but don't seem to have (or able to find) the latches that some people refer to. Can someone help me with this?
Thanks,
Pictures are in post # 61. (as stated in the post before yours) Post # 72 lists the steps. Make sure you fold the seat bottom up before you try to look back there. That makes the seat back move forward enough to see down the back. You can use a small mirror to see down the back if you cannot get your head close enough to see downward.

Tanker (post # 78) did a better mod than mine to make it easier to fold them down, but neither is required to do this occasionally.

·
Administrator
7,829 Posts
Ok, I spent quite a bit of time trying to do this with a box end wrench. Finally figured out I was pulling up on the wrong knob. You should see a bracket attached to the cab as well as a SILVER knob on one side of the bracket, attached to the seat. Grab ahold of that with a box end wrench and pull up, while pulling up, fold the butt portion of the seat down, then you should be able to fold the back portion of the seat down.

Hope this helps

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thanks guys. I apologize for not looking back through this thread for all of the information offered. I have the 60/40 seats. I will look at this tonight and hope it is the same set up. Thanks again.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thanks everyone for your help. I found the latch ( I was looking at the bottom, not he top of the seat back). Found it, pulled up with box end wrench, worked great.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Thanks everyone for your help. I found the latch ( I was looking at the bottom, not he top of the seat back). Found it, pulled up with box end wrench, worked great.
That's exactly how I did it this morning. Not sure why all the videos I found had people using pliers to pry/pop it up.. Didn't make sense to me, so I did with the box end wrench and it popped with no real effort at all..

·
Registered
25 Posts
I realize this is an old thread and I used it to get my seat down. Stored my hunting rifle there all week. One question, how in the hell do you latch the seat back? It is bugging the crap out of me.

·
Registered
348 Posts
lift the bottom of the seat up about half way then push the back of the seat back and it should latch back in and lock.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Yeah I tried that. The locking arm isn't relocking on its own and there isn't enough room to get my short fat fingers in there to manually do it. Anyone else have this issue?

·
Registered
348 Posts
Gotchya,
Try checking the latch on the back wall, on mine sometimes the little round "bar" that it latches on slides down to the bottom of its rail. just push it back up to the top and it should work then.
Good luck

·
Registered
62 Posts
On mine, there are paint or grease pencil marks from the factory and made by hand, that indicate where the little bars need to be to get the seats to latch correctly. They are lower on those rails than you'd expect, but if you look at the latch mechanism on the seat back, you'll see that the bars slide up to the top of that track as they are latched.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Okay I finally figured it out. I had to line up the paint marks with the bar that slides in the track. I tried doing that and lifting the bottom seat up a little and slamming it with no success. I found on mine i have to leave the bottom seat all the way down and slam it back in order for it to lock.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have tried to open the video, but it keeps coming up "This video is private" and not available. Can you send me a link to the video? I am trying to get some seat covers installed and can't find the clips at the bottom of the seat that everyone else says are there. I am missing something. Would appreciate any help.

Never mind, finally went back through the answers and found where you explain the latching mechanism. Will try it out.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Once I got a mirror to see back there better, found the latch and was able to release the seat within 4 minutes and got my work accomplished. Found I had to raise the seat bottoms to get the latch to reseat, but it did fine and now my seat is as good as new, with new seat covers on the back and bottom. Fantastic, thanks to all of you for your assistance.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Can't open your video. Can you repost? Thanks

·
Registered
3,534 Posts
Can't open your video. Can you repost? Thanks
Read post # 72 the video is no longer accessible and the guy is a weirdo anyway:)

81 - 100 of 138 Posts