F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, I have a 2012 FX4 3.5 Ecoboost with 120 000km on it. I would like to change my suspension in the next 3 months. I have a Heavy Metal Suspension 2" Front & 1.5" Lift Leveling kit, still running on OEM suspension. What could be my best choice for next suspension ??

Is Bilstein 5100 2" lift and removing the Heavy metal kit could be good or keeping the leveling kit and go with bilstein ..

or

Any other brand keeping leveling kit (ie rancho) would be good with the leveling kit ?

Running almost on road sometime offroading on 35" KO2

Thanks

·
Premium Member
2,716 Posts
Bilstein 5100's would be my choice for mild off-roading or fox 2.0 for heavy off-roading

·
Vendor
66 Posts
Bilstein 5100's would be my choice for mild off-roading or fox 2.0 for heavy off-roading
Agree these are probably the most reliable shocks.
In case you decide to switch to a taller lift kit you can check out available options here: https://www.carid.com/2012-ford-f-150-suspension-systems/
You will find bilsteins and fox shocks there too. We are a vendor on this forum so if you would like to inquire about prices and available discounts just let me know or email to [email protected]

·
Registered
51 Posts
Just received my 5100s......now I obvioulsy need ball joints and sway bar links......... PUNT!!!! I did get the rears installe din about 30 minutes. I already notice a little difference with just those replaced

·
Registered
1,571 Posts
The 5100’s by on their own do not require ball joint replacement. If you use the 5100’s and a spacer you’ll likely be looking at upper control arms. Really like my Bilstein’s for whatever that’s worth.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts