F150 Ecoboost Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 34 Posts
Discussion starter · #1 ·
Who has the Undercover or Ford swing case in the bed? I might like to add one to reduce some clutter in my over the bed box. Does it get in the way? Easy to use? Installation? Etc. Pics would be wonderful!

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Screw you two. Lol

????
As in: Screw you, also?
or
Screw you too?

It surely CAN'T be the way you intentionally typed it because the only "two" in this conversation is me and you. :)

Reactions: Qwk86gn
Ahhhhhh! So Miles DID sneak into this thrashing somehow. I stand corrected and will not throw the proverbial grammar nazi book at you........this time. LOL

Reactions: mwemaxxowner
I have two, ordered off Amazon for my 2015. They are great! No issues and they hold quite a bit of stuff.
I have a Gator tri fold hard cover and no clearance issues at all. The only down side is you have to take off the rear box link cleats.
They do not get in the way and no issues with corrosion. I keep tools in the drivers side and a hitch and towing straps etc... in the passenger side box.
Can't get pictures tonight, I loaded up the bed with firewood to take to our cabin tomorrow. And they are really easy to remove and put on the floor in the backseat if you ever need to.
They are very easy to install as well. I get some pics this weekend if you want.

I don't have the bed lighting, so I don't know if it blocks the switch or light.
Ended up putting bull rings in the bed rail, but have rarely used them. I really like the Swingcases, they hold a decent amount and are easily removed if necessary.
Here are a couple pics, hope it helps.
Vehicle Car Automotive exterior Trunk Bumper
Automotive exterior Trunk Vehicle Car Pickup truck

Reactions: mwemaxxowner
If using the OEM switch and lighting in the bed, yes, it will be covered up on the left side. Only the light would be covered if you installed it on the right.

Discussion starter · #16 ·
How much past the wheel well do they stick? I'm looking to get some of my more commonly​used tools in the swing case to free up my over the bed rails box and prevent leaning over the bed so much.

How much past the wheel well do they stick? I'm looking to get some of my more commonly​used tools in the swing case to free up my over the bed rails box and prevent leaning over the bed so much.

Not much past the wheel, probably an inch, maybe an inch and a half. If I were to do it again, i would order a passenger side one instead of the drivers side. On the drivers side it covers the switch for the bed lights ... kinda of a pain at times. I have all my recovery gear plus flares etc stored in mine. It cleaned up the area under my backseat.

Interested in maybe getting one of these for my 2017. Not concerned about the light as I have an ARE Cap that has LED lighting. My concern is how far out the box sticks out away from the wheel hump. With the box installed is there still enough room to slide sheets of plywood/drywall flat into the bed?

J-

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.