F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I absolutely LOVED how my truck towed using the heavy tow tune on the superchips tuner....but the performance tune was terrible....kept rpms too high, transmission kept searching, and turbos would surge and unload on WOT. But I can't say enough about the tow tune. I tow a 30ft travel trailer, approx 6000lbs loaded. I towed it from texas to florida twice and ran 65 to 70 in 6th gear all the way with absolutely no issues and averaged about 11mpg.

where and what would be a comparable custom tune I can run with the sct tuner??? I don't wanna keep the superchips just for the towing tune :D

just realized my signature is no longer here....I have a 2012 Screw FX4 3.73's, AFE stage 2 intake, SCT tuner, 2.5" front 1.75" rear lift, 20x9" wheels on 305 55 20s

·
Registered
5,138 Posts
Been running 5 Star 91 perf/tow for about 2 years. Very happy with it.

·
Registered
4,021 Posts
Grab the popcorn-lol.....everyone that runs a tow tune is gonna say their tune is the best.
Actually call the tuner/company and ask questions. The SCT is a great unit and works with any and most tuners on this forum.....

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,888 Posts
5 star are known for their tow tunes, they do a ton of real world testing also

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I understand a lot of people will say theirs is the best. Just looking for real world advice.

I have been kinda reading about logging. I'm assuming that I need to log how my truck acts with its current setup so someone can make a custom tune for me? Correct?

2012 FX4 super crew

·
Registered
5,138 Posts
I understand a lot of people will say theirs is the best. Just looking for real world advice.

I have been kinda reading about logging. I'm assuming that I need to log how my truck acts with its current setup so someone can make a custom tune for me? Correct?

2012 FX4 super crew
You get the custom tune, then you log it to ensure your truck is running properly on the tune.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
how do I determine that??? I take it I need software? or send the file to someone?? Cost???

1 - 8 of 8 Posts