F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
869 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those of you trying out different tunes, do you return to stock before loading a new tune? I recently switched from an LET tune to a 5 Star just to analyze the difference when towing. Just driving around town, the 5 Star doesn't feel the same as the first time I had loaded it. Admittedly, I do have 10 lb heavier tires now, but I was wondering if it would be a good practice to return the tune to stock in between custom tunes.

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
I used to not to, but now I do unless it's from the same tuner.

·
Registered
2,413 Posts
I don't return to stock... takes to long.

Custom to custom.

Going from LET to 5 star. ... is why your truck feels slower. .. lol put LET back in!!

Sent From Louisiana East Texas

Reactions: Teamfour

·
Registered
6,517 Posts
It's a good idea to return to stock Lee. PM me later if you want. I have some info on that. It's also a good idea to do the battery disconnect every once in a while.

Sent from my HAL9000 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
I do not return to stock I go from tune to tune. Never had a problem.
An SSI tune did wonky things to my cruise control. I switched tune-other tune and still had the issue. Switched to stock and then other tune, no problems. So there can be a difference.

·
Registered
750 Posts
An SSI tune did wonky things to my cruise control. I switched tune-other tune and still had the issue. Switched to stock and then other tune, no problems. So there can be a difference.
Like I said I have never had a problem. And I know I have tried more tunes than anyone on here.

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
I go to stock about every 3 or 4 tunes if it's the same tuner.

I always go back to stock if I go from one tuner to another.

It's also I good idea to return stock just to make sure your device software is updated as well. Specially with all these changes they doing on the x4 and Livewire.

It's just what I do and has always worked for me. I'm not saying it has to be done this way.

MPT tuned....Kings of the Street!

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Like I said I have never had a problem. And I know I have tried more tunes than anyone on here.
uploadfromtaptalk1398091298811.jpg

88 flashes and never a locked out truck or not starting problems.... everything has been great till the hiccup with that 110af deal but that was on sct end

That pic is a few weeks old so I added a few more flashes since then... lol.
I had over 80 before MPT! And all I ever ran was SSI b4 that. Now I look back damn that was alot of damn flashes! I only had my truck for 8 months r so....

·
Registered
6,517 Posts
That's a mighty BIG ASSumption Tex.....

Some of us have been running tunes in multiple vehicles literally for decades now. The BASIC principals of ECU flashing (on most common vehicles) are pretty much the same.

·
Registered
2,413 Posts
View attachment 11863

88 flashes and never a locked out truck or not starting problems.... everything has been great till the hiccup with that 110af deal but that was on sct end

That pic is a few weeks old so I added a few more flashes since then... lol.
I had over 80 before MPT! And all I ever ran was SSI b4 that. Now I look back damn that was alot of damn flashes! I only had my truck for 8 months r so....

Tune whore!!

Sent From Louisiana East Texas

·
Registered
750 Posts
That's a mighty BIG ASSumption Tex.....

Some of us have been running tunes in multiple vehicles literally for decades now. The BASIC principals of ECU flashing (on most common vehicles) are pretty much the same.
Lol! I was meaning on these trucks. And same here multiple vehicles.

·
Registered
7,395 Posts
Sorry Vol and boosted but my penis is bigger. Carry on with your ecu flashing argument though.

Family First

Reactions: ford4thot

·
Registered
7,395 Posts
:( I lose

Family First

1 - 19 of 19 Posts