F150 Ecoboost Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2013 limited 2” level,33/12.50/18, exhaust
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’ve seen it done before on other models, but does anyone have any information as to whether or not you can go into the 2013 sync 2 and change the vehicle theme?

·
Premium Member
7,088 Posts
What is 'vehicle theme' ? The image on the screen ?

·
Premium Member
2015 Lariat 4WD
1,009 Posts
If you are talking about changing the startup splash screen using Forscan, I would caution you. Simply because it does some wonky stuff. Sure it is cool to have the Raptor splash when you start your rig, but it also has some other issues that have been documented.

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
If you are talking about changing the startup splash screen using Forscan, I would caution you. Simply because it does some wonky stuff. Sure it is cool to have the Raptor splash when you start your rig, but it also has some other issues that have been documented.
He's talking about "Sync 2" (properly named MyFordTouch)... not Sync 3. For the OP, there is a hacking community that has done some work on MFT, although it appears to have gone dormant in recent years since MFT is no longer a thing. Do some searching under that name. Word of warning - you may need to learn Russian for some of the forums.

·
Premium Member
17 Lariat Supercrew 4x4 SCLB Max Tow
673 Posts
I did tons to my 13 including converting from sync 1 to MFT. Ask away might be able to help…..

Reactions: snakebitten

·
Registered
2013 limited 2” level,33/12.50/18, exhaust
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I did tons to my 13 including converting from sync 1 to MFT. Ask away might be able to help…..
my question was honestly very trivial and some may say dumb and pointless but I just think it’s interesting. But what I mean by changing the theme is going in and changing the whole touch screen layout to look like say the navigator, or the the cobra layout. If that makes any sense.

·
Premium Member
17 Lariat Supercrew 4x4 SCLB Max Tow
673 Posts
my question was honestly very trivial and some may say dumb and pointless but I just think it’s interesting. But what I mean by changing the theme is going in and changing the whole touch screen layout to look like say the navigator, or the the cobra layout. If that makes any sense.
Maybe if you have a picture? When the truck first fires up you can change the splash screen as they call it. Need forscan and you can pick in there regular changes menu for the APIM I believe

After that, you can edit what is shown for climate control. IE: dual zone, heated seats, heated and cooled seats or heated cooled seats and heated steering wheel. Enable and disable navigation. That would all be done via Forscan editing as built stuff.

As to changing the background picture. See this video. It’s very easy and you only need a usb stick.

Reactions: TangoMike415
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.