F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Down the rabbit hole

Follow the instructions in post number 1, use the usb's that are located in post number 2

DO NOT TRY THE FIRMWARE UPDATE -OPTIONAL 1 ----- you will most likely brick your APIM

The usb 1 puts your sync into format mode and the usb 2 forces sync 3.4 with the latest grace note and the newest nav map that was just released....

If you understand how to do manual sync 3 updates you could exchange 3.4 for the latest 3.3 (not sure why you would want that) as it is the latest stable release 19205

and likely the last sync 3 update any pre 2020 ford with sync 3 will ever officially get...

USE AT YOUR OWN RISK, IF SOMETHING BAD HAPPENS ITS ON YOU.

Ive done this update on all 3 of our Ford sync 3 vehicles and had no issues going from 3.0 strait to 3.4 and 3.3 to 3.4 --

fun fact: I have the official nav update for our newest vehicle and after trying for 5 hours to get it to load and it always failing, I used this and it worked fine on the first try.

·
Registered
4,644 Posts
I was told by my sync guy 3.4 is on the "Gen 4" sync 3 units and will not work on older units at 3.0 version. You need a newer APIM for it to work.

That being said, he sent me pics and I don't like the layout/button style. There is nothing wrong with 3.0 and it does everything you need, no need to upgrade imo.

EDIT-So last i talked to him, this wasnt open, now it is. According to him, if you have nav, you can update and nonnav you will pretty much brick the apim. Also, this update is apparently stealing from Ford because maps update in US is 200$. It is just a different theme and I think the theme looks worse as I said. Not worth the hassle.

·
Premium Member
3,208 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not sure I understand what your sync guys is talking about.

It works as described

1 - 3 of 3 Posts