F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Administrator
10,123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a heads up, there is another manual update out for sync 3 version 3.0.

It works about like the last one. Download a file to the USB drive and insert.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
3,215 Posts
How does it work?

·
Registered
5,217 Posts
Am I correct in the understanding that Ford hasn't released this version yet?
That is correct

Traded in the ol
2013 F 150 ecoboost 4x4 xlt crew cab

For a
2017 2.7 ecoboost xl Sport crew cab 4x2

Sent from my iPhone using Craptalk

·
Administrator
10,123 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
How does it work?
So far, not a whole lot different than 2.2 that I can tell. Though I literally only ran 2.2 for a few hours before I updated again. A few icons are different, and the raptor guys reported it being snappier with respect to aa and acp.

·
Premium Member
3,215 Posts
I installed it around 4 am this morning.

definitely has a faster GUI. Fixed a lot of the lagging from 2.2.

didnt brick my $2k nav, ripper approved.

·
Administrator
10,123 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm freaking loving it. I'm totally hands free now. "Ok google________". To text my wife or find some tunes.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Can't get to the files anymore unless I'm doing it wrong. Tells me they've been removed.

I'm hoping it will fix the annoying issue of not finding my phone after starting my truck back up. I had a cheap $70 pioneer that found it every time when I got in. Also, it would be nice if you could select a source without it turning the radio on. I would have expected a lot more thought to be put into a system like this, but Ford didn't seem to care as much about usability as the aftermarkets. It's a nice system if you don't mind screwing around for a minute or two every time you get in.

·
Administrator
10,123 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
All I have to do is plug mine in when I enter the truck. A few moments later Bluetooth is connected, it's hard connected for AA, and ready when I am for stuffs. It seemed the same with 2.2 also. For the two hours I had it. 🤣

·
Administrator
10,123 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'm sure a Google of "Sync 3 version 3.0 update" will find another file. I found several before and just picked one.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Yeah, AA was ok, but I really don't like how it works. I prefer bluetooth for what I use it for and it's very buggy with every device I've tried.

I did finally find another source for the update. Hope it improves...!

·
Administrator
10,123 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I never used the Bluetooth connection much except to play Pandora. It did seem buggy sometimes with that. I REALLY like using AA.

·
Registered
174 Posts
I'll update it and give it another shot. Part of the reason I didn't like it was the hassle with trying to find a decent USB cable that doesn't get in the way. I found a coiled cable, but either too big and heavy or too short.

·
Registered
174 Posts
The update installed without any issues. I will have to say, it seems much more reliable than it was before. There are still a few things that I wish would be different, but it's pretty good. I dislike how I have to dismiss the navigation options every time I turn on the map and how the built-in radio and some other options are a pain to get to. Also, it's nearly impossible to run forscan and AA at the same time unless I'm missing something.

·
Administrator
10,123 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
The update installed without any issues. I will have to say, it seems much more reliable than it was before. There are still a few things that I wish would be different, but it's pretty good. I dislike how I have to dismiss the navigation options every time I turn on the map and how the built-in radio and some other options are a pain to get to. Also, it's nearly impossible to run forscan and AA at the same time unless I'm missing something.
I don't use forscan so I can't comment on that. I thought forscan was simply used to make programming changes. Why are you using it while on a drive?

Yeah, I don't totally like how I have to go back to sync to mess with fm radio, but it's a minor drawback. Overall, I LOVE having nav on my screen now. I even like it running with no trip planned so I can see the GPS map around where I am. I like the use of OK Google to send messages or perform simple tasks.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Definitely like it for all of those reasons, too. On Android, you can run Forscan Lite and get data via bluetooth similar to what Torque does. I understand that the point of Android Auto is to try to get you to quit using your phone directly, but it would be nice to be able to have Torque or Forscan running while using the truck display for other things.

·
Administrator
10,123 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Definitely like it for all of those reasons, too. On Android, you can run Forscan Lite and get data via bluetooth similar to what Torque does. I understand that the point of Android Auto is to try to get you to quit using your phone directly, but it would be nice to be able to have Torque or Forscan running while using the truck display for other things.
Ah yes. I have an sct x4 I use for monitoring. It would be awesome if an application comes out that is AA compatible and will display on the head unit.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Have you noticed that the screen won't auto dim after the update? Now that the mornings are dark, I notice that when I get in, the screen stays full brightness until I adjust it up or down on the buttons by the headlights. I make one adjustment 'click' and the screen immediately drops to the correct brightness setting. I don't know if there are other times it does this, but this is the only time I've noticed. It appears to do it every time under that condition.

·
Premium Member
3,215 Posts
Have you noticed that the screen won't auto dim after the update? Now that the mornings are dark, I notice that when I get in, the screen stays full brightness until I adjust it up or down on the buttons by the headlights. I make one adjustment 'click' and the screen immediately drops to the correct brightness setting. I don't know if there are other times it does this, but this is the only time I've noticed. It appears to do it every time under that condition.
yes

1 - 20 of 33 Posts