F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I updated mine last night. Works as advertised. I have attached a link to the files for those interested.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I have a 2019 f150 302a sport with sync 3.
It's been on 3.3 since feburary.
I'm connected to my home wifi and have it set to automatic updates however when i scan for updates it does nothing or simply spins while looking for a update then nothing happens.
Will it automatically update to 3.4 or do i have to use the usb download and install method?
Thanks for any help and advice

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,421 Posts
I have a 2019 f150 302a sport with sync 3.
It's been on 3.3 since feburary.
I'm connected to my home wifi and have it set to automatic updates however when i scan for updates it does nothing or simply spins while looking for a update then nothing happens.
Will it automatically update to 3.4 or do i have to use the usb download and install method?
Thanks for any help and advice

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
You have to use the usb method

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Modistrator
2,105 Posts
Vegas, I appreciate you trying to help by putting the files on the site. Ford tells me when it’s time for an update and they have this time around too but under the guise of updating both the OS and updating the maps. They wanted $150 to ship me the software. If I go my Ford’s website and check for updates it says I have none available. Anyone know the background on this?

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Vegas, I appreciate you trying to help by putting the files on the site. Ford tells me when it’s time for an update and they have this time around too but under the guise of updating both the OS and updating the maps. They wanted $150 to ship me the software. If I go my Ford’s website and check for updates it says I have none available. Anyone know the background on this?
No problem. Works great.

It updates the look of everything.

·
Registered
5,031 Posts
What all does this update in Sync3 and how do you set up thumb drives ? did not see attachment . I have 2018 STX with Sync3.
It does nothing except change the look of the icons. If you have factory navigation, it also updates the maps....which is illegal really. Ford charges you in US to update maps. IN Europe, it is free or so I have been told.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It does nothing except change the look of the icons. If you have factory navigation, it also updates the maps....which is illegal really. Ford charges you in US to update maps. IN Europe, it is free or so I have been told.
The entire interface is different looking. Pandora definitely works better than before. Really? It's illegal?!

·
Registered
5,421 Posts
The entire interface is different looking. Pandora definitely works better than before. Really? It's illegal?!
lol Well if it’s illegal there’s a **** ton of people on the Facebook pages that have their full name and other information out there that are going to jail

·
Administrator
10,460 Posts
Ford even gives us the files to perform the update on the my Ford website. Lol.

Unless the previous updates didn't include map updates?

Sent from my Moto Z3 Play using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
6,296 Posts
I'm not the software police or the piracy police, but "technically", by the letter of the law, it can be declared as theft.

However, in our modern culture, and I don't mean American culture but rather worldwide, it's become a guiltless offense. And it's so widespread that the legal victim, in this case Ford, is absolutely aware of the back alley distribution and doesn't have any intention of stopping it.

And just to make sure that I don't come across as some sanctimonious judge, I've bootlegged copyright material plenty of times. Guilty.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,421 Posts
Also, not sure if this has been mentioned already but this is from Russia

·
Administrator
10,460 Posts
Did the previous Sync 3 updates not include map revisions? Because again, right on the Ford website the files were available for free with both a non nav and a nav version. From 1.0 to 2.0 then 2.2 and 2.3 and 3.0 and 3.3 etc.

·
Super Modistrator
2,105 Posts
I’ve been on the phone with Ford this morning and I’ve tried their Beta version of Chat software. These guys are useless, I’m thinking if you want the download from Ford, you’re going to be paying for it. Truth is, I’d like the updated maps, I’ve been steered down the wrong roads several times but I’m not happy about paying $150 to get it. I haven’t seen anything where it’s stated how long this paid for update might be current. Am I going to need to pay $150 next year because the maps have been updated again? If they’d say you’re covered for 3 years for your ability to keep the maps current I might consider this. While I don’t fit in this category, I’m also thinking that the folks with 2018’s or 2019’s shouldn’t be charged for a current map update. Just sayin’...

·
Premium Member
6,296 Posts
I'm only guessing, but if development continues and it applies to our current hardware, often times the latest build is a money-grab and the older builds are no charge. In other words, if there is a 3.7 or 4.0 in the future, and our hardware is compatible, maybe 3.4 will change to no charge?

Problem is that the NAV guys (me included) are costlier to support because it's more than a Ford Sync upgrade. Those maps are a revenue stream for the map company. (whoever Ford contracts with)

·
Super Modistrator
2,105 Posts
Snake, tell us what a NAV guy is. Is that just a SYNC guy that has navigation as well?

·
Administrator
10,460 Posts
Snake, tell us what a NAV guy is. Is that just a SYNC guy that has navigation as well?
Yes, that's it. When I downloaded my Sync updates for the USB drive in the past, I had to choose between nav and non nav files. I think I've done a 1.0 to 2.2 update, 2.2 to 3.0, and 3.0 to 3.3.

·
Premium Member
6,296 Posts
Yea, what superMAX said.

With NAV, it's likely you are downloading what Ford developed at its internal cost, (Sync software) as well as what Ford buys from the map providor (Navigation)

For example, not too long ago BMW contracted with Nokia Maps for their navigation data. (I think the official name is "Here Maps".

During the now deceased Microsoft Windows Phone Era, when they purchased Nokia, they gained licenses rights to "Here Maps", branded as Nokia Maps.

Think of their competitor as Google Maps, Garmin, etc

I never researched who's Maps Ford Sync currently uses, but it's definitely a for profit enterprise. Ford doesn't just absorb the update costs for their vehicle customers.

1 - 20 of 60 Posts