F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

41 - 47 of 47 Posts

·
Administrator
10,095 Posts
The files are actually available for free on Ford . Com. Apparently the "IVSU repository is a well known location for Ford sync and other files." I quoted that because it's tech speak I don't understand.

Sent from my Moto Z3 Play using Tapatalk

·
Registered
9 Posts
So has anybody figured out what the deal is with Ford and 3.4? Is it available, or are there special qualifications?

I got a notification on my FordPass app and an email on Jan 23, about how wonderful the new version is and all the cool new stuff like Waze and so on. Did a little research and sounds like 3.4 is a nice change.

Anyways, been checking on the Ford site, and it keeps saying there is NO update available, even though FordPass says there is, and to go update. I called and chatted with Ford, which was no help, they just parrot whatever the Ford site says. They could not explain any details. Where is the mismatch occurring?

2019 F-150 302a currently at Sync 3.3

·
Administrator
10,095 Posts
It is available. The files are available for download on Ford dot com. You can find information and the link to the files on Google or the other f150 forum.

·
Registered
9 Posts
It is available. The files are available for download on Ford dot com. You can find information and the link to the files on Google or the other f150 forum.

Thanks, though not sure I quite understand if this answers the question.

When I go to ford.com or owner.ford.com, it shows "no files available". The original question is if there is some reason why I would be told that, or if there is something wrong in my profile or VIN that makes the ford website think my hardware would not be upgradeable to 3.4. Or is there some other place I am missing?

Most of the other links i've found appear to promote an upgrade that is not sanctioned by Ford, provided by the Russians and hackers....not looking to do that just yet on a 3 month old truck.

Anyways, thanks!

·
Registered
5,202 Posts

When I go to ford.com or owner.ford.com, it shows "no files available". The original question is if there is some reason why I would be told that, or if there is something wrong in my profile or VIN that makes the ford website think my hardware would not be upgradeable to 3.4. Or is there some other place I am missing?

Most of the other links i've found appear to promote an upgrade that is not sanctioned by Ford, provided by the Russians and hackers....not looking to do that just yet on a 3 month old truck.

Anyways, thanks!
I don’t know if something might have changed since I read it But on the other F150 forum someone contacted Ford about that notice for the update and Ford said it was a glitch that somehow got sent out to a lot of people, there is no update. I’m going to see if I can find that thread and I’ll link it on here

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
5,602 Posts
I got the notice and the request for $150 because of NAV

After reading on this thread, I logged into myford and there IS an update for my King Ranch with NAV. No charge.

However, I looked at the list file and it is build 3.0.21
I'm guessing this is marginally newer than what I'm running currently, but older than the latest possible.

When I get home, I'll check what build I'm running.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
10,095 Posts

Anyways, thanks!
I don't know how to find it by just going to Ford . Com, I got the link on the 2017 raptor group, and it's available in a detailed thread on the f150 forum. Ford monitors that forum and apparently doesn't care.

It's at IVSU.binaries.ford.com/a bunch of other gobbledygook. I'm regurgitating what I was told here, "the ivsu repository is a well known location for Ford sync and other files.

The reason we do not post the link to the thread is because this update is supposed to be for '18+ trucks, and the map updates are apparently free for '18+ trucks, but they charge 150 for map updates on '17 and down, and there are ways discussed to make it load onto the older APIMs, thereby skirting the charges.

It's still available on the ivsu link to Ford . Com. I just double checked and the link still works.

You can either wait until it is sent to you through your myford account, or you can find the files for download yourself.

I think it has been posted as a drop box link somewhere in this forum as well. If you want it badly enough I say go look into it. If not, just wait.

I like 3.0 with the latest AA update quite a bit myself.

41 - 47 of 47 Posts