F150 Ecoboost Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
61 - 65 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
So, I have a ‘17 Lariat w/ factory Nav Sync 3. I’m currently at 3.0 and when I connected to WiFi, it said I was up to date. When I went to owner.ford dot com and entered my VIN, it sai I was up to date and no download was available. 🤔😬😠. (Also when I have the nav map up, I don’t see audio info).
Where would I go to get 3.3?

·
Registered
705 Posts
So, I have a ‘17 Lariat w/ factory Nav Sync 3. I’m currently at 3.0 and when I connected to WiFi, it said I was up to date. When I went to owner.ford dot com and entered my VIN, it sai I was up to date and no download was available. . (Also when I have the nav map up, I don’t see audio info).
Where would I go to get 3.3?
When you are on your Nav Screen push the home icon up in the far left top corner, that will give you a split screen of Nav and Audio. I'm in a 17 with sync3 also.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
275 Posts
Why is my 2019 Shelby automatically updated to 3.4.20136 yet my 2018 Lariat says its all up to date with 3.0??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Moderstrator
4,514 Posts
I can‘t speak to saying I’ve been there but apparently the 3.4 update isn’t for all years and models with SYNC 3 though from what I’ve read and watched on the Web it can be done. I called Ford Support the other day to ask this very question and they flat out told me the upgrade wasn’t for a 2016 Platinum and what I’m running is up to date.

There is a certain site on the web that gives you the place where this can be obtained both system and maps along with the instructions to do it. I’m not mentioning their name because well... let’s face it, it is pirating software and that isn’t advocated on this forum. That said, I watched all the videos and they show specifically where, to for lack of a better word, “cheat” the system into taking the download where it wouldn’t otherwise recognize the update. They claim the hack works well. It looked interesting and the graphics/layout were visually appealing.

I’m not someone who would acquire the hack though if it were legitimately available I’d pay for the map and system update combined. I’m holding out on the maps at $150 for the time being. I wouldn’t do it for both the fact that it’s pirating and yes I am also that guy that the minute I tried to get something for nothing would brick the system. Yes, I’d deserve it. For minions like myself, we’ll just need to be happy with the 3.0 version, it is the current version for many models/years.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Thanks a lot! I think I’m more on the risky side for this one. I’ll have to figure out where to get this from.
I really appreciate the detailed info, gives me an idea.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

61 - 65 of 65 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.