F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
. DA5T-14D544-BD The latest SYNC® update includes all of the improvements from previous updates, plus additional benefits, such as: Information display on the homescreen for HD, Sirius (if equipped), and FM radio sources Simplified graphics and improved usability Enhanced voice destination entry for SD Card Navigation (if equipped) Improved Navigation vehicle positioning (if equipped) Rear view camera guidelines set to ON by default (if equipped) Updated SYNC/device compatibility information The installation of this update will take up to 30 minutes to complete. Be sure to keep your engine running, not in accessory mode, throughout the entire installation process. Turning off your vehicle during the update installation will disrupt the process. Although your vehicle must be in park when you begin the installation process, you may drive your vehicle while the update is downloading to your SYNC system. If your vehicle is equipped with the Intelligent Access with Push Button Start feature, you will need to temporarily disable the Automatic Engine Idle Shutdown (AEIS) component before beginning the installation in order to prevent your vehicle from timing out and shutting off the engine before the software update is complete. To disable this feature, use your steering wheel controls to navigate to the Settings menu on your left-hand Instrument Cluster LCD display. From there, select Vehicle >Auto Engine Off >Off. (If you do not see this setting, there is no need to make any changes before starting the update.) Alternatively, after initiating the installation, you may drive the vehicle during the update process to avoid the engine shutting off. The AEIS will automatically reset to "On" the next time you start your vehicle. Please note: During the update installation, SYNC will temporarily appear to not recognize your mobile phone or media device. This is normal. When your system has been successfully updated, SYNC will display a notification saying, "Installation complete." __________________

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Tips:

Follow all directions carefully
As you are downloading from your PC or Laptop to a USB , at 38% you are going to think it is frozen- it is NOT just takes a long time!!
After loading to USB print the instruction sheet and go to your truck.
Truck has to be running during entire install. It will take about 30 minutes for this process.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Site must be REAL busy, having a hard time getting the download to complete. 3 times now and does not get past 5%

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Good info, thanks!

SPPD

·
Registered
176 Posts
I downloaded and updated but haven't driven the truck yet - it's convertible weather for me even with the 100^ plus temps. Download to USB was fine. Update to the trucks system took about 20 min. Had to re-pair my iPhone and then go back and turn off auto download of the address book, but otherwise went well.

·
Registered
394 Posts
i'm in the process of downloading it onto my usb drive, but its taking forever.
It was pretty slow for me yesterday. Also, it took almost 30 min on the actual instal/update on my truck.

·
Registered
860 Posts
I don't have the nav system in my truck, but I do have it in my Focus ST and I installed the updates a few weeks ago. MAN, what a difference. It's much faster, voice commands actually work, system has locked up since.. very happy with this update.. Way to go Ford!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Just bought a new FX4 Ecoboost this weekend, and went to the sync website. Say's to update to 3.62, but when I insert the USB I'm told I already have this update, then it reports an error ("not enough space, or not supported") I'm paraphrasing, but something like that.

Another clue is when I added the new truck to my account on Ford's website and attempted the install, I noticed that it said I had downloaded it twice.... So, maybe they did it at the dealer?

Is there an easy way to tell if I have the 3.6.2 update or not?

Thanks! Love my new truck, btw...

Scott

·
Registered
30 Posts
I bought a new FX4 three weekends ago and the dealer had run the new updates the afternoon I picked it up. You may check in with their technology manager and confirm.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I bought a new FX4 three weekends ago and the dealer had run the new updates the afternoon I picked it up. You may check in with their technology manager and confirm.
I'll probably do that today, but thought there would be an easy way to know.

For instance, on the home screen while playing Sirius radio, the display alternates between the icon for the channel, and the song/artist. Wasn't that an update included in 3.6.2?

Thanks for the response.

ETA: Here is a no BS way to know if you have 3.6.2:

Gears > HELP > SYSTEM INFORMATION

If it's current (v3.6.2), the CCPU S/W Version will be 4.30.13171_PRODUCT

1 - 15 of 15 Posts