F150 Ecoboost Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
61 - 80 of 105 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
It likes Samsung phones too...as long as you are using the OEM charging cable. lol
It seems to really like my S7 (work) and S8+ (personal) and I have a shorter thicker than OEM braided cables that are working great.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #65 ·
I'll take a thumb drive if someone's offering, I can pay for shipping as well, and if someone else needs it afterwards I can forward it to them as well

Reactions: snakebitten

·
Registered
114 Posts
turn off your auto update for SYNC and it will stop popping up. you can leave the wifi on, just turn off the auto-update feature to stop the pop-up. wifi will pop up for any wifi's within range too so you might want both off.

Well, updated my Sync 3 system and now I get this message every damn time I start my truck. I even shut off my "System Wi-Fi" and it still pops up. Anyone else experience this??

Reactions: snakebitten

·
Premium Member
3,169 Posts
Connect to a network and it will stop

Reactions: milesej05

·
Registered
114 Posts
I've got WiFi on but auto updates off and that's what stopped this popup for me on my '17.

I shut the "Notification" option off and it still popped up, I shut the "Auto Update" function off and it still popped up, then I shut off the whole system wi-fi and it still pops up.

Attachments

·
Registered
22 Posts
I have a couple questions/issues.. I installed a used NAV APIM that was programmed for my 2018 F150 last night, the nav part works (maps maybe outdated), however the version is still at version 2.3, and the maps are stated at 15. I would like to upgrade however the Ford site does not allow me to DL as it states I am up to date. So is there a way to update I have it parked near the house to get WIFI however I dont have a lot of time to let it sit there to DL. Also how to update the maps if there is a newer version?
Thanks,

·
Administrator
7,834 Posts
I have a couple questions/issues.. I installed a used NAV APIM that was programmed for my 2018 F150 last night, the nav part works (maps maybe outdated), however the version is still at version 2.3, and the maps are stated at 15. I would like to upgrade however the Ford site does not allow me to DL as it states I am up to date. So is there a way to update I have it parked near the house to get WIFI however I dont have a lot of time to let it sit there to DL. Also how to update the maps if there is a newer version?
Thanks,

Taken directly from the 2nd Gen FAQ page:

Sync 3 Infotainment

Make sure you have the latest Sync update. You can update it yourself via a thumb drive or via in-truck Wi-Fi (if equipped). I was informed that if you update via Wi-Fi that it may take up to a month to completely update. You must connect your truck to your home's Wi-Fi network and go through the options in the Sync system in order to update. After shutting your truck off, the Sync system will continue to "work" on updating your system for up to 30 minutes.
https://www.f150ecoboost.net/forum/...cial-faq-thread-2nd-gen-ecoboosts-2015-a.html

·
Registered
22 Posts

·
Administrator
7,834 Posts
As I stated the issue I have is the ford page does not have a DL for me since it "thinks" my unit is up to date. WIFI is/as stated super slow, so what I wondering is if someone has the files avail to DL?
My system is up to date as well, and I still have the option to re-download the files. So not sure where you are running into problems at.

61 - 80 of 105 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.