F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It will connect to other wifi networks but unfortunately I do not have wifi at home.

I tried f-150 master reset this did not work and sucked

Tried changing password to just 8 characters

Tried resetting phone

No luck! anyone else have this issue?

Getting real annoyed by alert to update and mobile internet is all I have.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1 Posts
It will connect to other wifi networks but unfortunately I do not have wifi at home.

I tried f-150 master reset this did not work and sucked

Tried changing password to just 8 characters

Tried resetting phone

No luck! anyone else have this issue?

Getting real annoyed by alert to update and mobile internet is all I have.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You have to click the "Maximize compatibility" button and ensure your wifi is on on your phone. That did the trick for me.

·
Registered
6,078 Posts
I don't think it works like that.

The vehicles hot spot is its own entity. You have to pay for data like you would on a phone plan. If you have unlimited data on your phone, just use your phone hot spot and connect devices to it on the road.

·
Premium Member
9,089 Posts
I don't think it works like that.

The vehicles hot spot is its own entity. You have to pay for data like you would on a phone plan. If you have unlimited data on your phone, just use your phone hot spot and connect devices to it on the road.
I think he does NOT have Ford onboard Hotspot, but does have onboard connect-to-Wifi ability, and is therefore trying to use his IPhone mobile Hotspot function as the Wi-Fi for Sync to connect to and use for the sync update.

But if he can't get the truck to connect to the IPhone Hotspot feature, he can just go download the Sync update to a USB drive and manually perform the Sync update.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts